Posts by Bill-P

Okay, Sony wins.   They converted me back into a semi-basshead, so... I retuned the DT770 with bass in mind.   I wish good ol' @mikemercer can attend this mini meet, because I would love to get his opinions on this DT770.   Daniel, I think you'll like this one very much. I tried my best to shave that treble down, so hopefully it won't be too bright for you.   Still keeping that smooth and slightly sweet midrange, of course.
Well, I'll bring the PHA-1 this time, so you can play around with it on your other cans. I'm retuning my headphones based on it because it sounds obviously better than anything else I have right now. It just sounds right. Perhaps the iQube is a more refined amp, but since I can tune my headphones for that extra refinement, the PHA-1 would work just fine. Plus I can use the PHA-1 as a DAC with my portable devices. The iQube, on the other hand, can't replace the DAC of my...
 Pretty much like the above poster, but... for better midrange, go for... Bottlehead Crack
 Oh... now you're just teasing! Just kidding. Really, I'd LOVE to. But wouldn't that leave you with practically nothing to enjoy other than a pair of HD800 and the Balancing Act?? I'd feel really bad since I'm holding on to a lot of your gears already.  My guess... it was probably because you used the ESW9A to test. If you were using something else... like a DT770 or the ES10... you'd hear... the BASS! Oh man... that bass. It makes me want to go back to being a...
 Hopefully I'll receive it tomorrow. Comparison to Magni, Vali, and Bottlehead Crack imminent. I suspect the Crack would be a better amp overall, but the Vali and Magni might well be beaten. It's not like I haven't heard the PHA-1 before. It impressed me the last time while driving the LCD-XC prototype.
And here's another mini-meet: SF Bay Area mini-meet   And it seems we do have another meet coming up in July now. Sorry for not updating the thread! Will do so now.
Why!? WHY!??   I'm still abroad by July 19...   Ah well, have fun without me, folks. I'll see you guys at CAS if we also have a meet by then.
The DT770 is also less sensitive than the ES10 as well, so you have to push your iPod harder.
I think you can try Audio High in Mountain View to demo some Audeze and Sennheiser gears... but yeah, we are in dire need of a massive retailer that would take in all of these high-end headphones and let people audition... like Fujiya-Avic in Japan.   As it is, I think mini meets work. And all that we really need is a space that's big enough for some folks to crash for a few hours.   Anyway, I'll start doing heads count now. Hopefully we'll get something concrete...
 I could have kept the same amount of bass as the original, but that's just a little bit too much for me, and it sounds very unnatural for drum hits and such. Accurate bass is definitely much less than the amount that the ES10 tries to portray. The stock W1000, IMO, is not necessarily marketed toward jazz. It would need to be a bit warmer and less accentuated than what it is, and at least it needs more bass than that for classical. It might have been marketed toward purely...