or Connect

Posts by Bill-P

First post has been updated with more information, a list of possible attendees, and a list of gears.   Please post what day of the week works best for you, and whether you'd like the meet to be done before or after a certain date. That way, we can figure out when this will happen.   For example: Tuesday, Thursday, and either Saturday or Sunday will work best for me. If possible, I'd like this to happen before May 15th.   Let's get this going, guys. I'm totally...
 Haha, I will do so soon. The thing with it is that I'll also need to prepare some photos, and I'm feeling lazy after all of that rush. But I will get to it soon this weekend, and release a bunch of details on various mods. You can probably still see the DT770 mod diary in my signature. The funny thing with that is... I forgot to update it, and already perfected the mod by the time I looked back!
 Yep! It was me who got your HE-560. To be honest, I'd say... the Ether sounds essentially... just like the stock HE-560. Except it's much less likely to exhibit the slight bit of grain/harsh/peakiness in the treble as the HE-560. I suspect the frequency response of the Ether would look... smoother than the HE-560 if it was to be measured. But subjectively, I'd have to say... the two headphones sound more similar than not. However, I'd say... the Ether seems more like a...
Bring anything you'd like, guys.   It's a traditional meet this time, and I'm hoping it'll be a good social event for folks.   My car broke down last time, so I couldn't attend the last meet that I tried to organize (urg...!). This time, I've fortified my ride, so... if push comes to shove, you'll see me marathon my way out there. Haha.   It's all about meeting good friends, sharing in the hobby, and have a good time, guys! So... again, bring anything you'd like!...
 I'm fairly positive now that it wasn't myself. Heard another unit on Sunday on a fifth amp. Sounded very very different. Unless the stars misaligned and somehow made the HE-1000 harder to drive than Abyss, HE-560, LCD-2, etc... I'd say... bad unit.  But anyway, with that said... here's the rest of my impressions, including my thoughts on the HE-1000: ALO Continental amp/DAC: I heard big soundstage, a bit of warmth, and a full-bodied sound here. Basically all the things...
I gotta note that it wasn't just that binaural track that made the soundstage so good. I also listened to Emilie Claire Barlow's "The Very Thought Of You" and Eagles' "Tequila Sunrise" and "Hotel California" on Hell Freezes Over as well, and the soundstage of the R10 in all of those cases blew everything else I have heard. That was right before you wanted to plug your own phone in to try your own tracks. I mean... the binaural track was great, but I wouldn't just base my...
The official date of the meet will be May 2nd, 2015! It will go from 9:00AM to 4:00PM.   Location will be Wikia Headquarters in San Francisco, California! Special thanks to our host for lending us the space, and they're even providing food! Someone should give them a medal!   Here's the address: Wikia HQ 360 3rd street Suite 750 San Francisco, CA 94107   Here are some photos of the venue that we'll be partying at:       And the mobile station for those...
Best in show for me was n3rdling's Sony MDR-R10... when he finally completed the last tuning at around 4:40PM, which was teardown time, so only 3 people aside from n3rdling himself got to hear it.   I thought it sounded fantastic. I never understood the whole cult behind the R10, because I could not believe that there exists a closed headphone that could perform to that extent.   But now I am a believer. To me, the Sony MDR-R10 is easily the best headphone I have ever...
@wahsmoh, you have a DT880, right? If you ever feel the treble is too much for you, just bring it to me, and I'll tame it for you.    I have a tamed DT770, and it sounds awesome!!   Anyway, would love to take you on that offer. My Geek Out 450 is a bit limited, and I know my amp (TTVJ Portable Tube) is equally limited. I may try to push a modded headphone or two after CanJam in order to get a more proper amp at the very least, since the amp is the weak link in my chain...
Well then, folks, will be heading off to CanJam late this evening, and hopefully, I'll have enough time to compare an uber modded HE-560 against the HE-1000.   Will also be posting some instructions and measurements (finally!) of my modded HE-560 soon... so stay tuned!   Time to show the world what a modded HE-560 can do!