Posts by Bill-P

Oh now you are just teasing! PM'ed!
Reserved for future use since I get the feeling I'll try a lot of things... 
I'm getting really good results modding the DT770, and the sound that I'm hearing is pure bliss!   Plus quite a number of people were interested in knowing what I did to the W1000X, and also the ES10 to get them to sound that way...   So I have decided to keep a diary of what I did to the DT770, and also a list of changes to the sound (purely subjective, since I don't have any measurement device other than my ears). If you're raring to mod your DT770 and get some more...
 Haha, so I got my modded ES10 measured. Special thanks to Purrin for bringing us these graphs:   Slight channel imbalance... that's on me. But the general frequency response can still be seen. For perspective, here's the stock frequency response:  So the mod reduced that treble pretty significantly, brought the midrange out a little bit more (especially upper midrange) than stock and also made bass more linear. That's most likely why I felt like your ES10 had more bass...
 Haha, I see it now. Glad I was able to help!  Haha, yeah. And I saw two Sony A7's. Would have loved to see the image quality on that thing. As it is though, I'm really loving the X-Pro1 over my old X100. The images I'm getting are spot-on with excellent colors.  Haha, it was just that I screwed up on the ISO settings for your photo specifically, so it came out a lot darker and much less detailed than the other photos. That was on me! You look fabulous from that angle!
Haha, oh man, and I didn't forget to include this person, but I wanted to make sure I didn't butcher his photo too much.   Here's MKubota1:  
 Oh wow, I just realized that. Thanks for the tips!
 Talking about faces to names... Here are some faces that I took. Jon and Baronkatz  Just Jon:  And I caught Baronkatz while he was enjoying his burrito. Sorry, man, but your face is so priceless that I have to upload this!  And here's HiFiGuy528 enjoying that certain pair of headphone and that certain amp... (haha, play a guessing game!)  SanJoseCanJunkie  Van  UZI and his $1000 USB cable. He's your man if you need to know whether or not it makes a difference!  And...
So I've now officially been seduced by the W1000 (non-X version).   If any kind soul is willing to let their mint condition W1000 go for a price, please... name it!
 Haha, now you know how it feels like to be a midrange-head. It seems to me you are more of a basshead than a midrange-head, so perhaps you will enjoy the W1000X more. But to me, man... after listening to that W1000, there is simply no going back. It was just so good. I swear, the next time a pair goes on sale... Anyway, pictures incoming. I've just been busy with work and other things.