or Connect

Posts by Bill-P

Stable connection. Supposedly less drop out and better latency. It sounds practically like wired mode, but with audible distortions because either error correction is turned off, or working over time to compensate for lost information, so things sound... "off". The general idea is still there, but imagine... listening to 64kbps MP3. It's kinda like that.   Either way, though, I'm still very happy with my XB950BT. After mods, it really is just a bit behind my HE-560 in...
It's like an after-thought mention that I found in the online documentations...   I didn't bother looking at anything provided in the box, but I wouldn't expect it to get any better a treatment than the online documentation.   It seems Sony intended for this headphone to operate solely in "Normal mode" (if people don't know how to cycle through the modes, they wouldn't try), and I can understand why from a sound quality perspective. It is the closest to "wired" after...
Yeah, the operational mode sticks.   Basically...   Power + Volume Up at start up doesn't "invoke" a mode, what it really does is it cycles to the next "step up". So if you're in "Stable mode", it'll go to "Normal mode" and stay there. If you're in "Normal mode", it'll go to "High Quality mode" and stay there.   Power + Volume Down at start up does just the opposite. If you're already in "High Quality mode", then it'll step down to "Normal mode". And if you're in...
Well, be that as it may, EQ still can't inherently "fix" the physical limitations and shortcomings of your listening device. It can only mask it so much.   Just like with a photo (I'm a photographer, by the way), one can only apply so many tweaks before they reach the limits of what information is stored in the photo, and what isn't.  By that, I mean... the camera can take a nice photo, yeah, but if it lacks the dynamic range to preserve information in the extreme white...
Well, I think it also matters at which level THD+N was measured at.   My amp can have 0.001% at 25% volume knob, yeah, but what will that figure be at 50% or 100%, where higher gain is applied?   At 25% of the volume knob, a lot of things are hardly audible, and not just distortion, but at 100%, where a poorly designed amp may be approaching (or past) its limits, I wouldn't be surprised to see THD+N become a meaningful (and frightful) number.
Differences between the 3 wireless modes:   "High Quality mode" (3 blinks): rolled off treble (!), more bass nuance, so I'd guess this mode is "compensating" the hardware waveform to reduce high frequency intermodulation distortion, but other than that, latency seems to be about the same as "Normal mode".   "Normal mode" (2 blinks): totally uncompensated, so more treble. There is slight distortion in the treble, and bass probably not as solid as "High Quality mode",...
Well, I tend to agree that the Premium does look better... case in point:   The Pro uses protein leather (read: fake leather), which doesn't feel quite as soft as real leather. Also, unclipping it takes just a bit of effort, but putting it on is an entirely different matter. If you have actually tried to take that part of (for recabling), then you'd know it is kind of a hassle putting it back.   Premium:   I think the aluminum pieces on either side and the...
Okay, next steps... as promised. You'll need sheet felt and wool felt (links to purchase at the bottom of this post), so... extra materials! But the sonic improvement is totally worth it!   Cut a rectangular piece of the felt sheet and slot it into the air vent on top. So... on the outside, you'll have the foam piece, and then on the inside, you'll have this felt piece. (optional but recommended: also insert a felt piece into the same air vent in the inner enclosure. If...
Well, if you're loving the clarity of the mods, then... there's more to come!   More modding instructions to follow either this weekend or around there.   I didn't rest on my laurels, thinking I was able to extract all that there was to the XB950BT, and... I wasn't wrong. It could sound even better than the last mods. The current mod makes the last one sound bloated and slow.
Well, the crazy thing is... I'm hearing those things as well, so I'd almost say that's the "sound" of the Wyrd.I run my music off of a laptop, and there is still some audible benefits, so I must say... well, it works. Probably universally, too.I'll try charging my iPhone off of Wyrd one of these days just to see if it makes the phone run smoother, screen brighter, and battery life longer... (Okay, but seriously, I swear the Wyrd has a "sound"...)