Posts by Bill-P

warrenpchi, if you'd like, I can leave my Macbook with you. If someone has an ODAC I can borrow, I'd also appreciate it very much! Kinda curious how it compares to the Fiio D3, though I'm sure ODAC is a far less cumbersome setup.
It's up to daddy, really.I already heard Mad Dog (I think 3.0?) back at the February meet. And I know I'd personally choose the W1000X over the Mad Dog since I still like a bit more sparkle up top.But I still have my reservations since I know Dan has done more tuning since then, and people's comments sort of push me to consider one again.Plus I know from my experience with modding the W1000X that small modifications can cause pretty big changes.
Yeah. Did that + mono control on iPhone to make sure both sides are playing back the same thing, and the titanium side was obviously warmer and more closed in. I tried switching ears to make sure it wasn't just my ears playing tricks on me. It's kinda unbelievable, really. I thought wood would be warmer. If you think the current sound signature is V-shaped, then I think the wood cups would kinda make that "worse" unless you use felt to control the treble. It's that...
Denons have mid? Kidding.But yeah, the Denon DX000 series has a completely different presentation compared to most Audio Technica headphones. Midrange is pushed faaaarrr back to simulate a more expansive soundstage. I don't think bass bleeds into mid (especially true for D5000 and D7000), but it's pretty hard to hear "any" mid already when there's a lot of treble and bass playing.I wonder if any brave soul will lug along a WS99 to the SF Bay Area meet next week. If I spot...
Yeah, I was thinking of doing that. Maybe I'll shoot him a message.The reason why I'm hesitating is because my dad has heard the W1000X, and he has already expressed interest in having one for himself. I haven't done any comparison between Mad Dogs and the W1000X, so I'm not sure if he'd like the Mad Dogs as well.If it turns out my dad still prefers the W1000X, I think I'd try to get another one and try to replicate the same mods that I did to mine.I wouldn't want to...
I'm sure you can buy the Mad Dogs at the meet, since Dan brought some last time.Thanks! I'd appreciate it!I'm so excited for the show that I'm already starting to think about what sort of attire I should wear this time. Hahaha!----Side suggestion to Dan: I think you may want to try making limited edition Mad Dogs specifically for the occasion. That'll definitely boost traffic to the meet! And I'd definitely love to buy a pair of CAS limited edition Mad Dogs for my Dad,...
Haha. Yeah, I was torn between HD800 and LCD-2/3 presentation after the meet.But my heart was completely won over by the midrange of Audio Technica headphones by that time (especially the W3000ANV), so I got the W3000ANV's little brother, the W1000X, and... started modding it instead. And I added a cheap tube amp (Little Dot) recently to smooth it out a bit more.Can't wait to do some comparisons between this particular W1000X and some other headphones. Especially against...
Oh, I saw that setup at the February meet, I think, but I didn't have the chance to try it.HD800 out of most other amps were just... not quite there for me. I preferred the LCD-2 and LCD-3 setups a bit more.But when I had the chance to try HD800 with HDVD 800, I actually preferred it over the LCD-3.
Hahaha, like I said, you'd need some good lens and a good camera sensor to capture what your eyes can see. Anyway, you instigated me enough, so I unscrewed the wood cups and put the titanium cups back. That actually sounds easier than it is because I had to slightly pry the wood cups out. They fit soooo snuggly! I was afraid I'd break them, but Martin made them pretty sturdy after all. I almost thought he glued them shut. And then I did a small comparison. My ES10 is...
All that debate about entrance fee made me forget.If you can find one at this meet, definitely try the HD800 out with the HDVD 800.HD800 isn't my cup of tea (too much treble, too little bass), but I had the chance to demo it with the HDVD 800 few weeks earlier.And it was the best I have heard the HD800 by far. Whatever we had at the February meet couldn't compare.Not to mention it was a STOCK HD800 to boot. Sennheiser did a pretty amazing job with that DAC/amp. Anax-modded...