or Connect

Posts by Bill-P

It's 2mm. Not quite thicker. More dense, though. I think less density will help with high frequencies but may not allow bass to be tighter.   Although, you are welcome to experiment, of course. It's part of the fun of modding!
Oh, great! Glad to know someone else shares the same thoughts.   Yeah, foam on the driver and foam on the outside vent (note: outside, not inside!) would bring that extra dampening for the "boomy" bass (make drums sound more snappy), and make the upper mids a bit more forward so that would help with some songs where it's bit dark, but otherwise, it's not going to be night and day. Most of the other parts of the mod (dynamat and shelf-liner) already did most of the work...
Yes, discussed to death. I got called out for mentioning it too often, so here's the short of it. There are 2 ways this problem will manifest: 1) If you're not wearing the headphone, and you hear rattling at low frequencies, but when you put the headphones back on, the rattling goes away. This is normal. Note that other planar headphones with one-sided magnets may also do this. Like say, the Abyss AB1266 will also do this. In fact, this "problem" is precisely why people...
Well, as titled. I'm looking for a ATH-W10VTG... just to satisfy an obsession with Audio Technica gears.   So if anyone has one in good condition they would like to let go, please let me know!
Focus Pads A sounding too laid-back? I'd say... please try cutting the filter clothes out of the ear pads and just use them like that (no filter clothes).   And it's worth it to try that along with the re-grilling mod and my pink foam mod (optional, you'll find out why when you do the other 2).  
 Thanks for the small review. Just the sort of stuff I need to show my friend.
The difference between "regular" mode and "high quality" mode is very noticeable with my iPhone 6+. But it's not sound quality.   "Regular" plays fine, but sounds and music trail behind the actions I do on the phone by some seconds, so if I were to play a game, it'll be all over the place. I'd end up doing something, and then it would make a sound way later.   "High quality" mode is practically about the same as "wired". I can't detect any delay. It's instantaneous....
Well, by "darker", I really mean "darker" than O2 type amplifiers.    I have access to the Pioneer SX 770, Sansui QRX 7500, and McIntosh MAC 4100, all of which are on the "darker" side of neutral compared to something like the O2, but all 3 offer very good sound in and of themselves. Of the 3, I like the McIntosh's tuning most. It's spacious, warm, inviting, a bit bass-heavy, but very lush and easy to listen to. It sounds like a tube amp even though it's not.   I tuned...
The battery is in the right ear cup. Notice the black square thing in the photos I took? I'm not so sure if it's replaceable or not. It seems to be replaceable since there are clips and stuffs... but the problem would be how you can procure a replacement, given that typical Sony gears are not so user-serviceable.
Yep. Most vintage gears are darker, more slanted towards bass to make up for the bass deficiency in recordings of the past. The end result is that when paired with the HE-560, they offer just the right remedy.   I don't think I have said this enough, but the HE-560 paired with a dark DAC and a dark amp is truly heavenly.   It's probably much less the extra power (though you'll need moar power to push moar bass still), and more about the tuning of the amp.   Is this...