Posts by Bill-P

I won't bring much so people wouldn't be able to steal much anyway. Hahahaha! Kidding aside, in case people can't find my ES10, they look like this now: Martin did a fan-blooming-tastic job on these. Seriously. I asked for portable W3000ANV (i.e.: ESW10JPN lookalike), and he gave me something that looks even better!
Martin cut me some slack at $470. That already included Paypal fees and next-day shipping. The cable is 99.99% pure copper with the same length as the original cable. Ear cups have been worked on, obviously, but Martin also worked on a custom wood splitter for the wire, and then a custom wood cover for that 3.5mm port. I wanted to have something that looks as close to a portable W3000ANV as possible. But what came out of this is quite possibly something even better. It...
First image from Martin. One word: WOW! That is possibly the most beautiful portable headphone I have ever seen! Can't wait to hear what the wood cups would do to the sound!
You will purchase my ATH-W1000X on the spot!Just kidding. Though I am considering letting the W1000X go so that I can downgrade everything down to just the ES10.But the W1000X just sounds so darn good...
Well, I have finally decided to let go of my C&C BH. It's a rare model that's in gray/silver casing instead of the current black casing. I have no idea if there is any sonic difference between this one and the black case. Condition is very mint. I babied this amp. Battery lasts forever. It'll come with a carrying pouch. Will also consider trading for a JDS Labs ODAC. I'll swallow shipping and PayPal fees if you're purchasing. Edit: price dropped!
I think bass on the ES10 stands out like a sore thumb because the headphones have more treble and somewhat of a dip in lower midrange. More "contrast" with the rest of the spectrum may have accentuated bass. The ESW11LTD to my ears sounded more linear from bass to upper midrange, and then treble took a smooth nose dive. Not unlike the Audeze LCD series of headphones. Upon closer listening, though, both headphones have about the same amount of bass to my ears. It does...
Hopefully someone will bring a ESW11LTD again so I can try it out. But I respectfully disagree with dallan. When I had a chance to demo it at the February meet, I thought ESW11LTD was a bit on the dark/muffled/closed-in side, whereas ES10 had more treble, and sounded somewhat more open. My ES10 is going to be outfitted with wooden ear cups, so let's see if that would change anything.
Hahaha, great minds think alike, right?Meet condition really undermines the LCD-2, but I'm sure the closed-back prototype wouldn't run into the same issue.
I just had the chance to demo Sennheiser HD800 and Audeze LCD-3... two of the heavy-hitters. And out of Sennheiser's new Sennheiser HDVD800 headphone amp/DAC, no less! HD800 has expansive soundstage and pretty good clarity and timber. I think for a stock HD800, that's a pretty impressive feat. LCD-3 has a more closed in soundstage, much darker tonality, and the overall timber doesn't sound as natural as HD800. Probably due to the nature of the amp (I suspect it was made...
Ah, okay. I thought that if you needed a ride, then I could drive you. I'm coming from even lower south (Santa Cruz) than where you are.