or Connect

Posts by Bill-P

Hey, Manic.   Sorry, I've been busy, so I didn't update this guide. I've arrived at a better solution than this (with measurements, too), so I'll find the time to write that up.   And the initial theory for the layers of different material is that... they each have different attenuation properties that work best at some specific frequencies, but not at others. Since headphones, even in the same family/model/line have some variations in their high frequency response,...
Sorry, I didn't note. They're both 4-pin XLR.
So I have some spare HD800 cables that I'd like to get rid of.   Norne Audio Skoll V2 silver-plated copper @ approximately 5ft length, already $old!   ZY cable @ approximately 8ft length, already $old!   All other fees (Paypal?) are on me, so no worries about that.
So I opened the drawer and found some Stax stuffs that I'm not using anymore. Please feel free to make offer.   Stax SR-X drivers: I have a pair of this. Both are fully functional, and attached to the original cup/grills, etc... There's just no headband. Normal bias. If you can DIY your own headband, then you're essentially getting a Stax headphone for cheap. I'm asking $100 + shipping for this.   Stax SRS-005, which consists of the SR-003 in-ear headphones, and the...
Yeah, thanks to Will and the Massdrop crew for being such a graceful host to us all. I really enjoyed the meet, and ended up not doing much listening at all. Haha. So that will need to change next time.   Here are some of my notes: (please note, I'm brutally honest with my opinions now, so if anything offends, please take it with a grain of salt and accept my apologies in advance)   Stax SR-009 + KGSSHV + Schiit Yggdrasil: this was TMoney's old setup, I think. I have...
Will gave me these photos via text a while ago. It is indeed the yellow zone:   That small door between the donut shop and the parking garage gives access to the lobby. If anyone is coming earlier, and would like to help with loading, please stand by around this area. I'll treat anyone helping me unload to donuts as thanks afterwards. 
 Yeah... well, if I get enough help (with you and TMoney), maybe I'll bring along my speaker amp as well, the McIntosh MAC 4100, to drive the HE-6 that I borrowed from Findley. None of my other amps like this headphone, and I wouldn't want to come by with only Sennheiser headphones. Hahaha
And talking about not showing up but will be there in spirit... I think I'll have CEE TEE's full suite of gears, which include... Eddie Current Zana Deux Eddie Current Black Widow Bottlehead Crack + Speedball (stock) PSAudio Perfect Wave DAC Modded Schiit Wyrd So if someone can give me a hand unloading them at around 9-9:30, I can bring all those plus my own gears. That's basically two TOTL rigs. So lemme know what you guys would like to try, or if you'd just like to...
 That's awesome! And on a side note, I also have an amp that I think sounds pretty similar to the Liquid Carbon: the CKKIII. Carbon is more convenient with a more reasonable footprint, and also balanced input/output, but the CKKIII is also damn good as an amp. It's not mine, though, so I have to ask for permission from the owner to see if I can bring it up, but if I get permission, it'll be a very interesting comparison indeed.  I have a modded HD600. I'd say... don't...
 According to Will, there's a loading zone that you can park and take stuffs in. Someone will have to stand in the lobby anyway, since people need a key card to get up to the office (or at least that's my experience in regular hours), so you can rest assured there will be a bunch of eyes watching your items. Plus there'll be security there, I think.