Posts by Bill-P

I still owe folks some photos, so... here they are:   @jude and @baronkatz as captured by my "more awesome than Jude's" camera.  (seriously, though, Jude, you should get a Fuji X-Pro1 and join us camera freaks!)     And here's Jude with @Mr Practical.     Took this portrait as a personal request from Mr. Practical. But it was more like I wanted to show off how good I am at taking portraits.  Here's my "artistic" rendition of how the portrait should...
  This may just be because I spent some brief minutes listening to either headphone, but from what I can tell, both headphones are comparable. The Denon has a bit of a forward upper midrange/lower treble, that gives more of an impression of space, but upon closer listening, it isn't necessarily more spacious than PM-3. I think it was more in my face, and that the closeness of certain instruments makes others seem further away. PM-3 has a more even tonal balance to my ears....
 Hm... if I get the chance I will have to try this combo and see if you're right, bro.  I only got to grab the Geek Out V2 and compare it to my 450.
Yeah. Sorry for the confusing language.   I couldn't find the best way to describe it. It's a "neutral" amp with "character". 
Well, it's not contradictory if you know me. But I just realized that not everyone who reads that does. What it means is simply that what I consider "neutral" isn't "true neutrality", or at least not "neutrality" as others describe. I have come to realize and accept this. You can probably see from reading my other impressions. The Ether is considered by some as being a "neutral" headphone, but I find it too bright for my taste. Likewise, HE-1000 may just be right for some,...
It's time for Bill's "everything sux except for my own gears" impressions:   HiFiMAN HE-1000: it sucked...                                                                ... at CanJam. This one rocked my socks off. Tonal balance is very even, though a tad bright up top, which is remedied by the insane speed. Honestly, if I didn't know better, I'd call it the fastest headphone I have ever heard. Bass very fast and impactful, just short of...
I slept like a log as soon as I got home. Haha Will post photos and impressions soon, guys. Thanks for coming! The turnout at the meet was great! And I had fun with everyone!!
So first post has been updated with "some" parking information. I'll try to find out if you can pre-register for parking.   Here's the PARKING MAP again: (Google Streetview this place and you'll have a good view of the area)   Also, here's a TIMELINE TABLE for your viewing convenience: (please click to enlarge) I'm actually behind on updates now, so will be spending time to gather gears and formulate placement and positioning. Wouldn't want to come in tomorrow...
Yeah, I'm staying on top of all of that.   Registration is now officially closed, so I'm tallying a list of human beings to send to our host now. Please let me know if you're an alien, and you plan to infiltrate our little circle of hobbyists! I'm sure I can find a headphone or two in my collection that may reproduce up to ultrasonic frequencies for your listening pleasure.    Also working on maps, instructions, timeline tables, etc... so those will be up soon. I have...
I've been busy with meets, school, life, etc... and all, but... dear MDR-Z7 owners, I'm still very much invested in this headphone.    Here's a teaser:     Bare driver unit can be completely detached from the angled plastic baffle. I have a sneaking suspicion that replacing the plastic baffle with a steel/metallic/aluminum one can potentially lead to interesting results.   Now to see if I can find a machine shop around.    Also, there is potential here for a...