Posts by Bill-P

@wahsmoh, you have a DT880, right? If you ever feel the treble is too much for you, just bring it to me, and I'll tame it for you.    I have a tamed DT770, and it sounds awesome!!   Anyway, would love to take you on that offer. My Geek Out 450 is a bit limited, and I know my amp (TTVJ Portable Tube) is equally limited. I may try to push a modded headphone or two after CanJam in order to get a more proper amp at the very least, since the amp is the weak link in my chain...
Well then, folks, will be heading off to CanJam late this evening, and hopefully, I'll have enough time to compare an uber modded HE-560 against the HE-1000.   Will also be posting some instructions and measurements (finally!) of my modded HE-560 soon... so stay tuned!   Time to show the world what a modded HE-560 can do!
@mikemercer, it'll be great to get to see you again!   I think I may have some of the same songs as you on my computer... since you are great with recommendations!   Oh, and you should totally check out my new stable. Modded LCD-2 and Sony MDR-Z7. 
Me. Please come on by to say hi and try stuffs out. Would love to "make" you listen to my LCD-2 and hear what I've been rambling on about in the DT880 thread.   As for DAC, I have nothing special. Just a Geek Out 450. Waiting for when and if Schiit will decide to downscale the Yggdrasil to a smaller enclosure. I won't even need its ability to play high-res contents. I don't think I have heard the entire 16 bits of all of my music library, either.
I would echo Sonic Defender's sentiments that while the Z7 is a good headphone and all, I think... honestly, that comparing it to the HE-560 and LCD-X is really out of line, and stating that the Z7 is more "enjoyable" than the other 2, which is purely subjective, still does not make the Z7 equal to the other 2 in any way.   Objectively, both the HE-560 and LCD-X have much more linear frequency response than the Z7, and also much less weird variations, so both would have...
Man... you can tell the man needs some coffee and some shut-eyes!   I don't think it's just my LCD-2, either. Jude definitely sounds super tired and worn out there.
 Try the Leckerton UHA-6S Mk.II. Smaller footprint than O2, truly portable, and power output is only a bit behind, but resolution and everything else should be audibly better due to it having better technicality than the O2. There were some comparison measurements made between the O2 and the Leckerton, even, showing the O2 audibly causing frequency response variations in hard-to-drive IEMs, whereas the Leckerton handles them like a champ. Unfortunately, that website has...
Haha, I think I will make you shoo me away, only to call me back because I secretly swiped the amp from your table.  (aw, just kidding! But the thought is tempting!)   Honestly, I'm super excited for this. Hopefully Jude's video will include the 2 things I am most curious about now: price and release date.
Yeah. But that's just the reason why you can't dismiss it all.   The differences may or may not be there, but personally, I'd believe that there are because measurements made using more reliable instruments (a microphone?) than the human ears have consistently pointed out those differences.
Since we're talking about that...With lenses, you can still see the difference between 2 lenses when the right condition occurs. For instance, go to the extreme edges and look at sharpness. You'll see that different lenses with the same focal length and aperture will have different levels of sharpness. Some are sharper than the others quite noticeably. If not that, then try to shoot directly against sunlight. You'll see a stark difference in contrast, some vignetting, and...