Posts by Bill-P

Haha, won't you also bring the modded HP1000, please? I'm dying to hear it.    As for me, I'll have two more additions to my stable for those who are interested:   Stax SRS-002, the portable in-ear "baby Stax". These originally belonged to the above poster (@zerodeefex), but he found it has not gotten much use since he got his UERM. Well, I say... his loss!   And if I can get the tuning to where I'd like, perhaps I'll bring along my attempt at getting another...
 I've asked our host, and it isn't possible to add you to the list currently even if greenkiwi was to give up his spot. Sorry.  I'll let you know if anything changes, though. ------- That aside, I've updated the first post with some photos of the space. <- I did that this morning, actually, but I've been compiling list of gears and also arranging folks with gears in a spreadsheet. You can bet that it's fun work.  Beyond that, current gear list is now arranged in terms of...
Well, let me ask our host to see if we have any small room that we can use to demonstrate it. Now I just need a huge cup of coffee...
Haha Well, it's a headphone meet, and we'd tend to prefer a more silent environment, so I'm not sure a speaker would fit well in there. We're kinda cramped as it is. Or... hell, I don't know. I'm going up there to see Wikia now, so I'll see if we'll have a dedicated room for the speaker? If we don't, I don't think you should bring it, because all the other folks listening to headphones will jump ya and make sure ya can't blast it, which defeats the whole purpose of you...
Oh noe, now Sonic Defender is leaving as well? I get the feeling I gotta grab a HE-560 and do more drastic mods now to keep him wit us! Honestly, though, the HE-560 has a lot of potentials. I have been meaning to do a driver mod at some point, but I'm not sure I can pull it off (or if the difference would make any sense), but I know the possibility is there. Perhaps when it comes down in price so that I can afford to kill a driver or two...
I think Head-fi user name display is at least mandatory (or we would have no idea who is who). Real name display will be a choice. So badges will at least always have user name. Either way, though, I think real name is still mandatory at least for registration, and for entry at the meet. I will have a list of names provided to our host for security reasons, and our host will be using this list in conjunction with id check in order to verify if a person is on the list or...
Oh boy... I should have messaged you about this like... weeks ago. My bad!  As it is, we are over capacity, so I'm not able to take in more folks, even though I wish so very badly that I could! And I probably won't see you again for a while after, too, since I'm abroad in the summer, and won't be back until September (so I'll miss the meet in July!). Hope you are doing well these days?
 Yep! Will put up an EventBrite page soon. (probably at like 1-2AM today. Haha) So everyone, please look out for that PM. It'll only be sent to attendees. I've learned that it's better to do it that way (hey, that's because you guys did it at CanJam) to handle people's names and a list and all... as I don't feel like reading PMs from almost 50 folks.
  Dudes! Would love to take you in! But... we're over-capacity already.  So as of now, attendance to this meet is closed to those who are on the list only. I sincerely apologize for that!
Water may corrode the magnet. So it may be best to put the driver into storage with a moisture absorber to make sure all residual water is gone from the magnet.   Aside from that, you should have used alcohol, which vaporizes easily, so it won't stick to the magnet for too long.