Posts by openwheelracing

if you don't mind looking further. You can get any of the Galaxy S variants (Infuse, Captivate, Nexus S....etc) and get the same Wolfson DAC. I personally like the Infuse (upgraded screen and camera). The Captivate is also a well built Galaxy S.   just FYI
I just use Apollo included in CM9 and CM10.
I bought a Galaxy Tab Plus from Amazon for $173 shipped (refurb, but practically new). I had to sell it after few days. I am currently using the original Galaxy Tab which imho is still a better tablet than the Plus.   Audio output:  there is no comparison. The original tab has better clarity with better separation.   Screen:  although specs are the same. The original tab still looks better to me. Don't ask me why, but it does.....   Worst of all is the...
A sound card with dedicated headphone amp is in a different league than the iPhone. The iPhone4 is good, but not as good as you describe. The Galaxy S phones and original Galaxy Tab are much better when properly setup. I have myself a Samsung Infuse. I bought my fiancee an iPhone 4S. I can compare them all day long.   examples: Asus Essence, HT Omega Claro Halo...etc.
what is your "high end" desktop system? 
Hi all:   Out of curiosity, I installed ICS on two different "Galaxy S" devices: Samsung Captivate and Samsung Galaxy Tab (original tab)   They both have Hummingbird processor, both have the famous Wolfson audio hub. Settings are identical in the CM9 included DSP Manager. I used the same songs from Adele's Live at the Albert Hall (flac), and the same headphone. I did roughly half hour of AB testing (it is 11:30pm now, perfect for music :) )   Result?  The...
Kingston KE44B-26BN/8GB 8GB flash RMC ALCS642 ELAN eKTF36248WS ELAN eKTH10368WS Texas Instruments 22C96ST TI20 MI60 Hynix HTC2G83CFR DDR3 RAM NVIDIA T30L Tegra 3 processor Hynix HTC2G83CFR DDR3 RAM Max 77612A inverting switching regulator AzureWave AW-NH665 wireless module Broadcom BCM4751 integrated monolithic GPS receiver NXP...
For me the best usage of a 7 (or 7.7, 7.8) inch tablet is for travel. Traveling from LA to DC is already gruesome, let along those over sea flights. I can't access cloud content on an airplane (without losing a kidney) so I need large amount of storage. Someone like me who is extremely anal about audio quality, only carry flac files. My movie files are at least 4gig per movie. I would buy this in a heartbeat if they had included microSD. Perhaps I need to compromise with...
Hi I'd like to start a discussion about this device. Specifically the headphone out quality. Has anyone tried similar Tegra 3 devices? Will this device provide good sound quality with good DAC? Let's talk!!!   http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/27/nexus-7-tablet-hands-on/
sounds like your feelings were hurt because no one responded to your deal.   Maybe, just maybe, and I repeat: MAYBE, that the posts reflect what people actually want?   I think we should all STFU (including me) so more Denons deals can come in.