Posts by MattTCG

I wanted to post a few thoughts on the cd3000 as I had the opportunity to spend some time auditioning it over this past weekend. Let me say this right up font, I am very rarely truly surprised by the performance of a headphone. I have owned or auditioned most of the best hp's ever released and the amps that make them sing.    The cd3000 was shockingly good. The pair that I heard was modded to include dual exit cable from the cups and with an after market copper cable. It...
 True. 
I wanted to chime in and share a few thoughts about the z7. I had the opportunity to spend a fair bit of time with this headphone yesterday and make some observations. I admit that there is a certain draw about the z7 that makes it compelling to experience. Putting my hands on these cans was not a letdown in the least.    The z7 is finely appointed with impressive build quality and comfort. The pads are exceptionally comfortable and luxurious. The gimbals, cups, fit and...
I just spent an evening with the z7....I'll post some impressions there shortly. Unfortunately only Mike can make the comparison to the EL-8...for now. 
Yesterday, when I mentioned to a customer that I collect vintage stereo equipment he informed me that he had some "stuff" in the basement that I was welcome to as his wife had declared them "unfit" for the living room area. I love it when the wife does that!! We scampered downstairs to find the treasures. While I was hoping to score some vintage 70's steel, it didn't turn out that way. What I did score was some very nice 1999 Boston Acoustic and Yamaha goodies.   The...
Excellent head-fier. I have traded with Skooks several times and also bought a few items from him.    Good luck with the sale!!
 I'm afraid that I'll have to pull out the poo-poo, ka-ka sign on this one. I've owned all the Denons and the hifimans. I'll put the he400 bass against any Denon for weight, slam, visceral impact etc. IMO...ymmv
I received a couple of custom cables today to try out with the x2. I've only been able to try them out for about a half hour and then back to work. But I'll post impressions and pics later. 
The crown jewel of this fine hp for me, is the reproduction of sub bass. Call it slam or visceral impact...whatever. I have rarely if ever heard bass done this well. I'd have to go all the way up to the lcd2.2 to get something this good.    The lcd2.2 is the better hp but at 3x the price and 1/3 the comfort that the x2 offers. The hd650 has been my go to hp for a few years now because I listen to a lot of vocal-centric music and very few hp's do vocals like the 650. But...
 While I appreciate the favorable review ( I love the x2 also ), I didn't find it well written. The x2 better looking than the pm-1?...nah.   I'm glad to see that the pads will eventually be available. Lack of replacement pads is IMO a deal breaker on owning these fine hp's. Hopefully a US carrier will offer them soon.