Posts by MattTCG

The h10 brings out very natural and tonally accurate mids. I'm very pleased with the vocals that are being reproduced.    The Carbon won't be out for another three months. 
It's been a while since I had the Val 2 in house but I'll share what I remember. The Val 2 has a very clean almost solid state sound with just a splash of tube goodness. The h10 has a bit more warmth than the Val 2 and imparts more dynamics especially at low to medium volume levels.  The Val 2 is quite flexible for a tube amp and with the gain switch can power some of the easier to drive planar mags such as the he400i and possibly lcd-2. The h10 seems to excel equally with...
Just got the Gustard yesterday. The pairing is very impressive with the 650. 
I've gone through a few headphones, amps and dacs over the past few years (cough cough), and IMO the hd650 is and always will be a wonderful purchase. They are my tried and true, warm blanket, always on my desk headphone.   Yes, the BHC is legendary with the hd6x0 and for good reason. My only nit pick with the BHC is the lack of flexibility with other hp's, especially planar mags. But you could easily buy the Crack and call it a day with the hd650. For a very good...
What was the MD price that I missed btw?
I've got just a bit of wiggle with the volume knob. I can't seem to find the allen wrench that fits the set screw. Does anyone know what it takes?
Thanks for that. Makes sense now.  If I had paid $800 for the h10, I would still be completely happy.   I'm just loving the tone and timbre of female vocals. Lot's of nuance and detail in these mids. This is mids done exceptionally well. 
I have too many amps and have to thin the heard. This lyr 2 is in excellent condition without any visible knicks or dings. Come with all original accessories, manual etc.    There is also a set of NOS Bugle Boys from mercedesman via ebay. I have bought many many tubes from him and he cherry picked this pair for me and discounted them from $80 to $60. There is also tube monger set of socket savers $50.    Just the amp is $399 plus $10 to ship, I'll cover pp. I'll add...
I plugged in the h10 with: hd650, lcd2f, el8 closed. I got the amp used and it has about 100 hours on it. First impression.... There is no way that this amp should sound this good. I've had a few good hours with the h10, so these are early impressions.   *laser tight control of the driver from this amp on ALL hp that I've auditioned it with. The net result is that I feel that I'm getting an exceptional pairing with each hp that I've used it with.   *the h10 is close to...
Got mine!! Testing for the past few hours. Early results...very good.