Posts by MattTCG

ygpm
I realize that this is a long shot, but if anyone has a pair to sell please let me know.   thanks...
I wanted to post a few thoughts on the cd3000 as I had the opportunity to spend some time auditioning it over this past weekend. Let me say this right up font, I am very rarely truly surprised by the performance of a headphone. I have owned or auditioned most of the best hp's ever released and the amps that make them sing.    The cd3000 was shockingly good. The pair that I heard was modded to include dual exit cable from the cups and with an after market copper cable. It...
 True. 
I wanted to chime in and share a few thoughts about the z7. I had the opportunity to spend a fair bit of time with this headphone yesterday and make some observations. I admit that there is a certain draw about the z7 that makes it compelling to experience. Putting my hands on these cans was not a letdown in the least.    The z7 is finely appointed with impressive build quality and comfort. The pads are exceptionally comfortable and luxurious. The gimbals, cups, fit and...
I just spent an evening with the z7....I'll post some impressions there shortly. Unfortunately only Mike can make the comparison to the EL-8...for now. 
Yesterday, when I mentioned to a customer that I collect vintage stereo equipment he informed me that he had some "stuff" in the basement that I was welcome to as his wife had declared them "unfit" for the living room area. I love it when the wife does that!! We scampered downstairs to find the treasures. While I was hoping to score some vintage 70's steel, it didn't turn out that way. What I did score was some very nice 1999 Boston Acoustic and Yamaha goodies.   The...
Excellent head-fier. I have traded with Skooks several times and also bought a few items from him.    Good luck with the sale!!
 I'm afraid that I'll have to pull out the poo-poo, ka-ka sign on this one. I've owned all the Denons and the hifimans. I'll put the he400 bass against any Denon for weight, slam, visceral impact etc. IMO...ymmv
I received a couple of custom cables today to try out with the x2. I've only been able to try them out for about a half hour and then back to work. But I'll post impressions and pics later.