or Connect

Posts by NZtechfreak

Variable, if you leave it entirely up to customs can be ages. If they assess something as attracting duties they send a letter advising of this, but often they have made the assessment days and days before the letter is sent. I usually call them to check every day or two so as to pay duties as soon as possible. Often I have the item before I have even received the initial letter from them to advise duties are owing. I live near the airport though, so often easy for me to...
Yes! My Pandora Hope VIs are cleared for delivery!   Still the anxious wait for the ZMF gear, if it doesn't arrive may arrange a follow-up mini-meet for people to check these out.   Also, you have got to love the ups and downs of organising an event. Called Auckland City Council today, just to confirm everything all set... My heart rate must have gone up quite a bit, the person on the other end of the line looked up the booking number and for a good couple of minutes...
It's good if everyone brings their own boards and extensions and things, we had no issues last year on that front.
 Ha, my preparations are mostly waiting anxiously on the ZMF stuff and m Pandora Hope VI to ship in time! Of course the new low repulsion pads for the Hope VI have already arrived...
Yep done.
Ah, just an auto text error. I don't need an integrated.
I have a HiFiMan HE headphone cable terminated directly to bananas from Artemis cables, purchased via eBay and the cost was fairly reasonable, perhaps enquire with them. You could probably ask in the for sale forums here too, I'm sure lots of folks here could make you one too.
We're meant to have a pair coming to our headphone meet next week I think. From memory I saw reports that it had a soft/warm coloration, which wouldn't be my cup of tea in general and especially not for metal, but I haven't seen much at all written about it.
It won't come standard with banana plugs terminated anything. It comes standard with a 4-pin XLR, and a female 4-pin XLR to single-ended adapter to connect to that. Lots of places will make an adapter from female 4-pin XLR to banana plugs for you, I have one from Moon Audio for example. Almost any place selling custom cables should be able to do it. One advantage of going this route is getting all your headphones terminated to 4-pin XLR, and then your adapters work for...
When I'm referring to an adapter I'm referring to a female 4-pin XLR to banana plugs cable. Some people do leave them connected full time, those people tend to have a banana plug terminated headphone cable. It's nice not to have the extra interconnect, but obviously you have to know your chain well enough to know there won't be any thuds on powering up. I don't think you can really count on warranty support of you fry the HE6 using it like this, although HappyCamper blew...