Posts by corsona

If you've looking for a vintage turntable your local craigslist is also a great place to start. It will take more effort than ebay, but you can find much better deals on craigslist. If you're not sure what to look for in a turntable, this is a great guide (scroll down to the first comment): http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/fiedy/my_attempt_at_creating_a_guide_to_vinyl_to_answer/
My parents own a Sony PS LX-500 turntable with a Stanton L272 stylus as well as a STR AV-710 Audio/Video Control Center for the amp.   I already own a pair of KRK 6400s, which I plan on using instead of speakers as I'll be moving into a dorm in the near future.   I've also found a Technics SL-3300 on craigslist for $75. I'm not sure about its cartridge, it's red and doesn't appear to have a brand or model number on it. Pictures/listing here:...
I can't recommend anything based on personal experience, but I've been searching for the same thing the past few weeks and I can share what I've found. If you haven't already, look through the forums for other threads similar to this - your needs and price point are pretty common and there are plenty of answers to this question already out there. You can also take a look at this comparison of 96 portable headphones. At the bottom is an extremely helpful graph that should...
This immediately came to mind.