Posts by BustyBloke

I bought it in a local store in Hong Kong (same place I purchased the C&C BH and that Silver LOD). I know that some of these local HK shops have Ebay shops that ship internationally, but I'm not really sure who is who.   This is a link to their site featuring the cable question but with 3.5 mm jacks on both ends: http://www.mingo-hmw.com/home/goods.php?id=1951 . Can't seem to find one with the LOD though. They don't have a complete list of all their actual products on...
Absolutely agree re the silver LOD. I have the exact same LOD! It boosts the treble significantly.       From left to right:   FiiO LOD: pretty neutral. The Orangey Thing: I think it's just thick copper? Not really sure what it is made of, but it definitely "warms" up the signal. ?% Silver LOD: very bright and brings out lots of top end detail. Can be a wee bit fatiguing with certain IEMs or songs. C&C BH: velcro'ed to an iPod Classic w/ case.
Gavin was meeting a customer of his yesterday to deliver his 1+2 and T1 amp personally, and they very kindly invited me to come along. I got the chance to audition the 1+2, the FitEar ToGo 334, the Sennheiser IE 800, and a universal fit version of the UE 18 Pro. It was a very informative afternoon of coffee and playing with gear that I won't be able to afford for a (long) while.   I make no excuses about my preferred sound signature: I am an Etymotic fan through and...
It will pair really well with your FXZ200    This combo has been all I have listened to this week (at home anyway).
  Since you are in Portugal, I think Amazon has it for the cheapest at $284 USD? http://www.amazon.com/XO2-CC-Portable-Headphone-AMP/dp/B00A2QJQYI/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357563953&sr=1-9  don't quote me on it though, I haven't really done any in depth research on this.   I don't go up to Mainland China all that often, but I would think that it would be the cheapest in Shenzhen where C&C is located. The thing is, even if I did go to Shenzhen I wouldn't know...
Thanks H20 for bringing this wonderful little amp to my attention! I have seen it around the local stores in Hong Kong for a while now and I never paid much mind to it. Their test units are quite beat up, and given the relatively low price, I just assumed it probably wasn't worth my time of day to try out. Boy was I wrong!   After reading this thread I took my most hiss-happy IEMs, the Westone UM3 and UM2, to the store to try out the C&C BH. I was happy to find that...
    Thanks for the correction. Tried it through the D7 line out, no squeal. So that means it is not the DAC?   On a related note, how good is the amp section in the D7 anyway?  
    Yes, I get a terrible squeal too with most of my "sensitive" IEMs on the D7, but the Ety ER4S (insensitive IEM) is dead quiet as usual. I have tried it on 2 different laptops and 2 different desktops - same result.   It is definitely in the amp section because I can go Computer --USB--> D7 --Coaxial--> FiiO E17 --Headphone Out--> SE535/SE425/W4/UM2 etc and there will be no squeal.   I have been running my D7 for over a month straight now (I don't turn off my PC). The...
Ahh yes, I agree with you on the SE535 point. The SE535 would be the second most sensitive IEM I have tried/owned, but the UM2 is still louder/more efficient by some margin.   As for the W4 being warmer and darker, may I ask what tips you are using on the W4? Because when comparing the W4 and UM2 using the same tips, I always sense less treble from the UM2. One of the more substantial UM2 threads from recent times is this...