or Connect

Posts by hekeli

Have you actually read the Realiser user threads here? If you sit behind a desk or glued to a sofa and don't care about the thingamajik on your head, then fine. I don't really care for the extra effect, sometimes it's even more distracting, not to mention if you accidently move your head out of the zone. If you want to help your brain, making dummy cardboard speakers for the correct distance probably works better for less hassle. Not to mention the problem of actually...
Most Realiser users don't bother with the head tracker, it's a bit cumbersome and effect is fine without it anyway.
 Realiser internally resamples everything to 48khz before it works its magic. So it doesn't make any sense to send other than 48khz through HDMI, unless your audio/video player resampling algorithm is crap. Obviously this results in sending 48khz though Toslink as resampling output yet again would be silly..
 Do you mean just pulling the pad out or is there a whole system with it? I saw the pad itself can probably be stretched out but didn't look more into it then..
 Philips seems to be very confused. It even mentions "twist and click" on the A3 product page. I had all models for measurement and they certainly don't have twist-and-click removable pads. They looked like very hard to put back if removed. A5 has completely different method and everywhere you see only A5 pads specifically sold.
There is no tutorial since A3 pads are not removable, should be obvious if you have them in your hand.
 You "almost" measured them? Sorry I couldn't resist one more snappy resort before going out in the sun.  I'm in no way dismissing that there must be some audible production variance somewhere. All this rambling just came from the general "6khz" talk, which I'm sceptical about. If there indeed was HD800 without a peak, I'm sure 10 people would be dissecting them right now against a peaky one to find out the construction difference. But taking in account how the peak...
 Perhaps phones near the same serial, but we know nothing about Sennheiser rig, it might have changed many times. How many times do they reposition and average the phones? Perhaps the phones you tested have differently weared pads etc or just you position them differently on head. I think you can draw zilch conclusions from "one senn FR graph to another". Take 5-10 fresh phones and do them at the same time on a good rig, then we can speculate about production variance.  
 Nothing strange there. I'm one of the few that use an actual live head. The measurements are very consistent even when done again after quite some time and look similar to Innerfidelity etc. As always, everyones rigs create different graphs and emphasis and it's extremely hard to create a graph that shows how something really sounds (even if we ignore personal hearing differences). I think solderdude released some quite interesting comparisons on different methods. But...
 We are not talking about "manufacturers". We are talking about Sennheiser, whose graphs are absolute nonsense compared to what "standards" are usually expected here. The measurement process and possible compensation etc is pretty much unknown, looks like anything can be +-5dB there. Not many manufacturers release graphs, but atleast Audeze makes decend ones. Heres mine as sent from Sennheiser:  And here's mine measured by my rig (uncompensated, headphone on my head with...