Posts by hekeli

Looking for 2x3.5mm miniplug -> 4-pin XLR cable from EU. 2.5-3 meters. Max 150€ shipped depending on cable.
 Most stuff is designed for a certain price point, not for ultimate sound. I think EVE Audio commented that pretty much nobody would actually use digital inputs even if they had them. I think there is some truth to that so why waste (their) money. As EVE user, I have little bit of the first posters neurosis too. But that's something I'll figure out myself, why ask here when it's the usual DACs are the same and acoustics matter more (I've got both sorted by my own ear and...
Makes no sense getting from US, would end up easily 430€+ with all fees. I got mine 299€ from local Black Friday deal and it's 449€ currently anyway, so that should tell something about margins.. Audioquest is sold by classic hifi distributor model, so forget internet prices and try walking into a local store for actual prices, I always get atleast 15% off.
 Obviously $49 Sys is the choice to feed budget monitors. Or Emotiva control freak. Or even software volume control. When you can get a pair of LSR305 for under $300, it's pretty hard to justify going fancy schmancy class A/B for the same price and that's the amp only. Then you actually need passive speakers that are decend quality to show all this glory. But yes, personally I hate that most actives have quite high self-noise. I would go for whisper quiet amp+passive...
 There's no need for speaker amp to be located ON desktop, no matter the size. Just hide it somewhere. It would only need to be physically on desktop if it's integrated amp - having a volume control knob. They already have Sys and Saga for volume control (and source switching). It makes zero sense to create a budget integrated amp with yet another volume pot (and people wanting a switcher then too). There's bazillion powered speakers for $200+ so justifying buying just an...
 No, it was not an analog preamp, it's a DAC. There's no analog inputs. It's stupidly dubbed "digital preamp".
 Yeah price is pretty much the only new stuff, but it seems many people downplay/forget the preamp feature. I imagine there are many people at home and studios with decend dac and speakers itching to get this in between. Show me another xlr in, xlr out active preamp under $400 (even without balanced headamp as a bonus)? There's some crap like SPL Volume 2 and that's about it. If I wouldn't have my NFB-1AMP already (which is pretty stellar for $520 I have to say), pretty...
Sorry for little ad, but as it was discussed in this thread.. sold my phones so if someone wants to experiment with the polarity stuff, I can sell my 4-pin XLR->XLR adapter made by Forza (hybrid HPC). It has right channel polarity reversed. Feel free to PM..
 Matrix HPA-3B is ok.
 I'll keep on using my NFB-1AMP... tried a passive Khozmo but I felt it lost details. I also bought a Griffin Powermate to control windows master volume in case I go full ret..digital.