Posts by hekeli

These slightly peaked my interest, so having a 25% coupon floating around ordered 225€ from Philips Shop.. maybe next week some impressions and measurements. Curious to hear how they compare to Senn HD8's..   Too bad amazon.es doesn't deliver, there's returned ones for 160€..
How about some speakers that actually produce bass under <50hz. Then a gobload of money into acoustics. Then we might have an even "comparison".
Well here I got mine for 780€... retail in europe is 899€. So 13% off and I didn't even ask for it, but that's the perks for a good local hifi shop. Online you can't "haggle".
 But if that also reduces some peak/sibilance it could be more than worth it..  It seems some people are going bat crazy getting exotic stuff etc (computer grills? hello). I think mine took whole 30 minutes from start to end with no effort at all using some thin aluminium mesh available from any local hardware store. Of course if one wants to go for looks and/or hard work that's a personal choice. Actually when I get my new pair I'll probably just run without grills...
 I kinda have to agree... I've also gone through Audezes, Hifimans and Fostexes, but never really got the satisfaction that HD800 gives for all kinds of electronic. Especially with some eq it gives some stupendously kicking and detailed bass while the ambiance extends outside this universe. Many people seem to think/like that "EDM needs moar bass", and yes I like bass shaking me when partying, but I've never heard as tight and visceral bass home as with HD800. (I guess the...
 Just try equing down around 9khz by 1-2dB, it did for me. That's also one of the things that removing grills does according to my measies and I can hear it.
 Could be the ~8-9khz peak which can be reduced with grill removal.. that combined with Focus-A makes a pretty different and pleasurable phone (to me)..
 Bad thing about measurements is that you start to hear what you see... 
I'm getting a completely new replacement next week for my imbalanced he560, which I also noticed there's a small 2cm crack in the veneer.  They say there was a similar case before of "industrial dust in the driver" (edit: ahh just noticed Jussi's post..). Curious to see how the new measures. Our local distributor rocks.
Yeah I usually post my graphs as average of left and right as it's quite represetantive "what I hear". Highs have some hrtf, pad etc differences anyway so showing separate channels doesn't really tell that much. I would need to make a single coupler to measure both sides identically.   Both my HD600 & HD800 are matched less than 1dB and HD800 nearly faultless. Sometimes REW doesn't calculate the volume the same so the error margin is around ~1dB anyway. The imbalance on...