or Connect

Posts by Magicman74

Yeah I think most people talk about the Bass because the common "Normal" headphones usually lack Bass in general. Once they hear a set that is above neutral that isn't a mess it gets talked about and hyped up for it. I think it's just the perfect amount. what I like is it doesn't step out of line and really comes out when needed. It's not that cheap Bass that just thumps in the background constantly. Another thing I like is it plays pretty well with most genres of music,...
I've got to do it even tho Purple doesn't like the fit. Under $100 this is my top pick THE CAL http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381503154&sr=8-1&keywords=creative+aurvana
I can't agree here at all. The 80s are called Bass Head, but that really is not the case. Yeah it goes deep when needed, but it's far from the boom boom boom, it's made out to be.I'd almost call them Balanced sounding, Not as much as the 880s but close. Basshead, not even. I don't listen to classical music, but I'm a hard/post bop fan and these things shine.The 80's make the Bass lines in Miles's In A Silent Way sound better then I've ever heard.
This make no sense to me, the 32 over the 80. Note the LE 32 ohm is no different then the standard, All the ones who spent more for the 88's just got ripped off $ wise. Beyer worked them pretty good...LOL, great marketing. Check the reviews, some pissed off buyers. Never heard the Soundmagics, the build problems reported put me off. The 900's not a fan. They sound ok but are BORING to me. Way too bright sounding and the forward mids are too much. And I hate the cheap wing...
US HM5 clones, More neutral but slightly warm... http://www.amazon.com/Over-Ear-Headphones-ComfortMax-Cushions-Earpads/dp/B0093PVTPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381447675&sr=8-1&keywords=nvx+headphones Look at the package it comes with as well...$50 in pads alone!!
How about the DT660? Never used them myself but the reviews seem good for Classical http://www.head-fi.org/t/559542/i-truly-believe-these-are-one-of-the-best-classical-music-headphones-ive-ever-heard
I agree on the HD600/650 being over rated at this time. I was never a fan of them myself. Too dark for my taste. Back when they came out they were top notch. But at their price point, there are cans that (for me at least), Are cheaper and sound better. I think they became over rated because of price/performance ratio. Take $100 off the price and they would be a better buy. At least NOW, back then they were top of the heap, now not so much!! Around HD600 for 250ish and...
Beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohm Best out of the ones you mentioned. Will work great out of your Onkyo HT. Your music taste are the same as mine, they work well here. Best comfort,Build and sound of the bunch. Some people say they are V-Shaped. Not really, actually quite balanced sounding. It has nice hard bass but only when it's called for, Very detailed mids and highs that are smooth (Senn like but better sparkle), and one of the best sound stages in a closed can. The AT 50,...
$5 Best Buy Rocketfish Stands, works for me..Adds up when you buy 10 tho
Thanks, $49.99 seems like a good deal...ordered!!