Posts by Magicman74

1. Print the add 2. Find what's closer Best Buy (With Magnolia inside) or Fry's 3. If no Fry's near you go to Best Buy 4. Drive to the store that's closer Simple Fellas!!!
Open phones under $100 for comfort/travel...Open phones really aren't good for on the go. They leak sound so evey one around you can hear ever thing you are listening. What is your source?, music tastes etc.. Here is a start (Open and Comfort) too big for on the go. If you want small and open. Grado maybe?, Koss...
Beyers are known to play well with tubes but not always the case. I run mine out of a M-Stage and they sound great. Also I did a some little thought on DT770 80 ohm, a week or so ago. I bought a set maybe 5 or 6 years ago and I just bought another set a few weeks back. I'll say they sound NOTHING alike. I even asked if Beyer did a secret retune or something? Because the old set has the common reviews most people post. Deep bass, Major sucked out mids and really bright...
Looks like he has decent portables covered with the JVC's, and a great full size in the AT's. Metal is his genre, AKG works here but as mentioned you have great options. Grado (Made for Metal/Rock) I think 80's are a great entry point, even the 60's are great to start. Very love it or hate it headphone, I'm in the Love it but can't wear the damn things due to the comfort. I go on long jam outs but after an hour my ears are swiss cheese.   Beyerdynamic DT770/80ohm is...
240 is a good place to start.http://www.amazon.com/AKG-240-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381527641&sr=8-1&keywords=akg+240s
Yeah I think most people talk about the Bass because the common "Normal" headphones usually lack Bass in general. Once they hear a set that is above neutral that isn't a mess it gets talked about and hyped up for it. I think it's just the perfect amount. what I like is it doesn't step out of line and really comes out when needed. It's not that cheap Bass that just thumps in the background constantly. Another thing I like is it plays pretty well with most genres of music,...
I've got to do it even tho Purple doesn't like the fit. Under $100 this is my top pick THE CAL http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381503154&sr=8-1&keywords=creative+aurvana
I can't agree here at all. The 80s are called Bass Head, but that really is not the case. Yeah it goes deep when needed, but it's far from the boom boom boom, it's made out to be.I'd almost call them Balanced sounding, Not as much as the 880s but close. Basshead, not even. I don't listen to classical music, but I'm a hard/post bop fan and these things shine.The 80's make the Bass lines in Miles's In A Silent Way sound better then I've ever heard.
This make no sense to me, the 32 over the 80. Note the LE 32 ohm is no different then the standard, All the ones who spent more for the 88's just got ripped off $ wise. Beyer worked them pretty good...LOL, great marketing. Check the reviews, some pissed off buyers. Never heard the Soundmagics, the build problems reported put me off. The 900's not a fan. They sound ok but are BORING to me. Way too bright sounding and the forward mids are too much. And I hate the cheap wing...
US HM5 clones, More neutral but slightly warm... http://www.amazon.com/Over-Ear-Headphones-ComfortMax-Cushions-Earpads/dp/B0093PVTPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381447675&sr=8-1&keywords=nvx+headphones Look at the package it comes with as well...$50 in pads alone!!