Posts by Magicman74

X2 stupid Camino!!
My best take on Meier amps, think Wire with Gain. They are the most neutral amps I've used. They add very little to nothing to color the sound. They also are dead silent with amazing black background. I'm not a big IEM user but every can I've used either in Low or High I get no grain/hiss or anything. They really are amazingly Clean and Transparent. Also the soundstage is very 3-D, it kinda just floats around your head. Fantastic!!! As mentioned you can use a...
That's going to be a hard find. You are limited by the whole form factor.  You have the Fiio E12, JDS C5, and some Leckertons.  And a few Chinese brands with the same form.  You really are limited when it comes to a phone type form.  Hell I can't think of anything else?  If I were you I'd just try to look for your sound then the form, the sound is what matters. I see what you are looking for, I do the same. I will no longer use a amp with a built in battery, Has to be 9v...
Meier Audio, just saying.  (I do like the C5 tho, it's warmer tho then Meier) My ears like the Darkness and Flatness better on the Meier (Wire with Gain) but your products are really nice.
Buy a MAC, I'm serious!!   My audio out makes the Beyers come to life, amp less.  No but seriously, Most people really do need an amp to make the Beyers shine.  I'm lucky as my MAC has a rebranded Wolfson Dac built in under Apples own name + It has enough output to RAWK!!!  The old saying that SOURCE matters is really true.  Look into getting a cheap little amp, maybe a E10 as mentioned above.   What's your budget etc?  There are even better options but the E10 and some EQ...
Oh I see, I thought you were local (US), yeah shipping has started to blow. It's $36 just to start. What a load of stuff. I used to mail stuff overseas and it was like $20 for heavy packages. The postal service really is getting crazy.
http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/
I'd skip the Fiip personally, they are basically entry level toys (IMO) after you try better amps you'll get the same feelings. They are great if on a budget tho. The Schitt stack is $200 and much better. I know that doesn't help you much but for my money the Magni/Modi is the way to go. Now if you need portable I know JDS Labs is coming out with a Dac/Amp combo at $250 here soon. My recommend for an all in one Dac/Amp hands down is the Meier Audio PcStep. I know that's...
Best Buy only sells the 250ohm
wth, board keeps double posting!!