Posts by Magicman74

Hey now don't be talking about my Koss ,  These things are the budget Kings of all Kings, You just won't hear the Dub/House/RNB/Rap crowd talking about them. Bass is too natural for their taste.   Was never a Fan of Beyers myself, The mid-range suck out and pesky treble just grates at my brainpan.  On the 558 you really have to pull out that stupid reflector tape. They sound wonky with it it there.  It's like they wanna be neutral but with a forward mid-almost...
I don't think the $650 is Grossly overpriced, it fits right in it's price bracket.  Personally I prefer the HD558/598 more but thats more of a taste issue. The 650 has been around and well liked for years. If the Pioneers are still talked about in 2 or 3 years, then you could be onto something.  But these will die off, just like the other budget beaters always do.  Don't get me wrong they are decent but saying 650 @$45 is WAY mis leading.  Hell My DJ100's sound better...
+1, it shouldn't even be used in the same breath.  The HD650 sounds nothing like these. Not even in the same ballpark.  I normally wouldn't chime in but this is another one of those FOTM cans I've seen too many time before. And yes I have them on my desk as we speak.  They are in fact a good deal at $45 but even at full retail they are WAY below several sets costing the same. $45= good deal, up to the HD650=not even close...Sorry but it's the truth..Even at $45 there are...
I couldn't really tell you anything about the JVC. I've never heard them.  All of the reviews posted seem to be positive. At one time the HD201 were basically the best budget headphone but that was quite a few years ago.  They sound decent for what they are, Nothing ground breaking by any means but a decent option if you have $20 or so.  There are much better options for just a fraction more in price. I think right around $50 or so you have a much better pick of a truly...
Yeah $300 is low price for him...But he has 2 headphones in his profile that are well over $1000 so I guess $300 is chump change?  For me I still say the Maddogs shouldn't really count. The stock $90 or less Headphone is garbage, IMO..  Is it worth paying someone over $200 or more depending on extras for a set of cans that normally cost 3 times less?...I guess that's a personal choice. For me I wouldn't..   I rather take a cheap set and take the $200 or more and get a...
It should have a shorter cable I believe?, the standard cable is cheap and like 12ft or something. I know the HD428s is a short cable so it makes sense.
The best is the Shure 840 IMO, they are softer and 1 cm deeper. They are made with Memory foam and they also don't harden like the M50s. Just make sure you buy "Originals" a lot of knock off's saying they are Shures but they are in fact fakes.  Shures will come in a factory bag with Shure labels etc...
Well I thought I put these up from a possible trade or for sale.  These were bought from another member Here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/672073/price-drop-refurbished-denon-ah-d1001#post_9660163   I put a bit of info in that thread as well. Basically I bought these from that seller. He listed them as a Refurb from Denon, which I HIGHLY doubt because of the condition I got them in. We all know Factory Refubs come brand spanking new but these for sure had MUCH...
I think this thread is getting side tracked a little?  I see guys talking about HD600/650's, Mad-Dogs etc? The thread is " Punching way above" HD600's + 650's  are what $300-$400- Do they beat Stax, and sets like that? No, That's Punching above their weight.  They are at the TOP of their class for sure but don't really punch above.  And Maddogs are a special item of a $90 headphone "With Mods applied"  I guess they punch above but the regular headphone at $90...
Try some well recorded blues. Muddy Waters-Folk Singer (MFSL) B.B. King - Live at the Regal (MFSL) John Lee Hooker-Burning Hell Junior Wells & Buddy Guy- Alone and Acoustic