Posts by Magicman74

How about the Koss DJ100?  Very good build like the Sony, At $40 shipped right now youre not gonna find a better sounding set, no joke!!!  With the extra cash you'll need to buy the ATH M-50 pads tho, the stock pads are just ok, the M50's make them another beast. Night and day difference!!  lifetime warranty as well, can't beat that!!! http://www.amazon.com/Koss-ProDJ100-Headphones/dp/B003X1BEKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384130027&sr=8-1&keywords=koss+dj100
Notice he said replaceable batteries?? (And I agree personally I'll never use a amp with a built in cell-phone type battery-Give me a recharge 9v any day)  Hard to find under $200, You might want to go up price wise to around $250 if you want world class. Look into some Meier products, You'll get, Pico, RS, quality for just a little less $ wise.  plus you can't beat German products, (Even tho Jan is not from Germany originally) Look into the PCstep if you need a good...
No this is where I don't agree with T on this, The Cal is darker and muddier. But they are basically the same, the difference. The Denon is built with better plastics, (Stronger), Better pads, cable ect.  The Cal is good but I don't know what T is hearing? Maybe he likes the darker sound? The Denon to me just sounds more dynamic, the sound is cleaner and more open. My reason or thoughts, for oneThe Denon is just built with better parts, which effect the sound, The cable,...
Go with Li-ion. They have the least storage drain, like less then 10% a month. Charge it and it stays charged.The best hands down are Hi-Tech from Japan.They are a little high price wise but are the best. I'm not sure where you are located?, so you might find a closer dealer. But here is what you are after,http://www.amazon.com/Hitech-Two-Lithium-Ion-Batteries-Charger/dp/B0038AT44C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383835102&sr=8-1&keywords=hi+tech+9vI used these in my XXS and get...
Yes, I forgot about that. Some slight changes to both over the years. The Little Dot also changed the Hi Gain from 8 to 4 as well.  It was 500mw into 32ohm, now it's 300. Still plenty of power.Either one at $100 is a great buy.  The C&C has a slightly bigger soundstage, the Dot has a deeper tighter Bass and a tad cleaner from top to bottom, plus a little more power. It really comes down to flavor. Myself pick the Dot, for the cleaner sound and power.  $100 is not a lot of...
C&C wasn't really discovered as I posted in that thread. It is a amp made back in 2007 called "The Box", it just has a slight change from the Hammond case and dip sockets.  I do agree tho it is a great amp at $99. At that price tho it is beat out easy buy the Little Dot MK1, now MK1+ (The plus cost more now at $180) (But never fear it does have another name and sold buy the same seller as the C&C Pollychen on ebay for $99) The Little Dot had dips as well and came with the...
Don't buy them all you guys, I'm still rocking this: Maybe around X-mass I'll upgrade?, I don't really see the need right now. 6 years later and this sounds leaps better then the common FOTM's.
Anytime my friend, even at the $250-300 Range you can get a decent little set up going.  I wanted to add you could also switch out the E11 for the Schiit Magni, I didn't ask if you needed it to be portable?  The Schiit will set you back only $99 and shipping.  Not bad for a small desktop, it also has PLENTY of power. http://schiit.com/products/magni   I also recommend the Audioquest Evergreen: $34.75 (Great entry level Hi-Fi cable) You don't have to spend 1,000's on...
Here would be my ideal setup If I was limited to $250-300, Your ipad believe it or not actually has a VERY decent built in Dac, I'll give that to Apple. Even tho they buy them in bulk and just add their name to them. You'll either get a Wolfson or Cirrus Logic inside. So a standalone Dac can be looked at later down the line. For headphones I'd go right to the Beyerdynamic DT770/80 or DT770/250 , You can get the 80's on ebay for $160 shipped or the 250's for $150...
I'm not sure where you are located?  But for me I use Li-ion Rechargables.  I'm using a 600mah Hitech, A bit pricey at around $16-20 a battery but they are VERY good batteries as well.EBL makes a good quality 9v.Hitech are made in Japan and are prob the best?? Canada seller for Battery onlyhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/HiTech-9-Volt-600-mAh-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Battery-/110735970286?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c860cfeeUSA seller for 2 batteries and charger,...