Posts by Magicman74

No problem always glad to pass on info to save a few bucks and get a great product!!
Yeah it's only $5 off ebay.  No need to go all crazy on a cable IMO,  The Choseal is a little wider but is softer, lighter and easier to deal.Less then $5 (That is for 6ft)  I also use a short 10 inch for my portable set up.  Seen in the picture, 10x better then Fiio cables.  BUT you have to ask the seller to get you one as they don't list the small cables on...
No popcorn needed, it's true!!!Just buy a $5 Choseal and you'll hear it plain as day!!!(Rocking them right now)  
Not going to quote your post Tdock but it was myself who said the TBSE were a tad brighter then the DJ100, Ive concluded it has to do with the cable on the TBSE.  NOTE: I'm not a cable believer but it does make a difference on this set for sure.  I switched out the stock cable for a Choseal cable ($5 on ebay) and they sound much better.  Ive also settled on Shure 840 pads on my DJ100, they are a bit brighter and the bass is a little less but comfort wise and the build is...
Steely Dan-Aja Rush 2112  Japan 25p The Police- (MFSL) Synchronicity Miles Davis - (09 Japan DSD) Kind of Blue Metallica- (Original Megaforce) Kill them All   These are my Keys to make a good choice....
In your price range there are just a few options that will give you what you are after, comfort and sound wise.This is a good option for a nice balanced sound, great extras as wellhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/NVX-XPT100-Studio-Over-Ear-Headphones-w-ComfortMax-Earpads-MSRP-179-99-/360866023058?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item54054a8692 You could also look into Shure's as well, these are the 440's and fit into your range. You don't have to do the headband mod as mentioned above but I...
if in the US here $25 http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVX-XRE100S-Replacement-ComfortMax-Standard-Cushions-for-NVX-XPT100-Headphones-/301107100745?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item461b61bc49 A little more $ wise but you dont have to wait for overseas shipping Better deal is just buy the cans, $80 and you get two sets of pads cables...
You need a new hanger, I have a set off a Denon AHD 1000 if you want them? Exact same hangers but they are silver.. You'd need both and just replace them. Very simple to do, just slide off the pad, remove the 4 screws, then pop off the hangers. There will be two small screws that hold the hanger to the band, just unscrew and slide the hanger into the band. Really easy to do.. Drop me a line if you want them, I don't log in often but check my email all day...
I got 3 brand new Cals for $80 shipped awhile ago. Best deal yet, as I sold 1 for $60, so 2 Cals for $10 each.
Switch the pads over to the M50's you won't get earplug blockage but much better then stock plus you get a major sound upgrade as well.