or Connect

Posts by HPuser9083

Currently, the Bass Freqs with homefabbed bi-flange tips, but intend to upgrade to SE215s with 8320s for some cheap commuters, both using either bi-flange or tri-flange tips fabbed from the same earplugs that my current bi-flange tips were fabbed from - 3M PELTOR Sport tri-flange earplugs.
Could try fabbing some tri-flange or bi-flange tips out of some 3M PELTOR Sport tri-flange earplugs, I'm getting good mileage with the bi-flanges I made out of those plugs on my Bass Freqs, but your mileage may vary on the 8320s.
Any good IEMs with either foamies, bi-flanges, or tri-flanges for tips should work, and also, bi-flanges or tri-flanges can be DIYed from 3M PELTOR Sport Tri-flange earplugs or any other tri-flange earplugs, just poke a hole in the earplugs big enough for sound to go through them, and then slip them on any IEM that'll take them, I'm currently using bi-flange tips that were fabricated from the aformentioned earplugs on my Bass Freqs, and they imrpove isolation and comfort...
These IEMs are good for $20 in stock form, but either buying some bi-flange or tri-flange tips, or making some out of some good tri-flange earplugs, like 3M PELTOR Sport Tri-flanges, and tweaking the EQ to showcase the lows, while of course giving the mids and highs a shot, improves them quite a bit over using the stock single-flange tips and a flat EQ.
1) Shure SE215 and good desk headphone amp/DAC. 2) Some 3M E-A-R Classic cylindrical expanding foam earplugs or any other 33-NRR expanding foam earplugs to make homemade tips out of. 3) A good portable music player and a good portable headphone amp/DAC. Basically, the SE215s with the earplug mod would be meant to replace my entire current headphone fleet, as it would be both used at home, to block out any unwanted noise while listening to whatever, and on-the-go to...
SE112 and SE215 use dynamic drivers.
Actually, it's different, APT, like YUM, Entropy, Pacman, and ZYPper, is binary-based, and uses pre-compiled binaries, Portage/Emerge is source-based and compiles from source.
I recommend Arch, but technically, all Linux distros but RHEL, of which free clones exist in the form of CentOS and SL, or SLES/SLED, are free, so all bets are off on what distro you can run, pretty much.
Aside from the Bass Freqs I already have and am considering modding a little bit, as they're not bad for $20 IEMs from three years ago, and could possibly benefit from a better enclosure, some foam tips, and a recable, what would be other good $20-$50 guineapig IEMs for trying various mods on, in you guys' opinions?
Haven't heard any IEM aside from the Bass Freqs, which need to be upgraded in a few ways, one of which that will definitely be done is fabricating some foam tips out of some earplugs, and the other two upgrades that are a maybe if ever are a recable, to put a better cable on these things, or mod them to take detachable cables, and moving the drivers to a custom closed-back wooden enclosure. Tl;dr. all the headphones I've heard that can be counted as even halfway decent...