Posts by HPuser9083

My enclosure cost $0 because it was already at hand.
Yep. Actually, when you open up a pair of UR40s, you'll find that its drivers and the Portapro drivers use the exact same shell design. Driver internals are slightly different, but externally, the only difference is the shell color.   Basically, swapping the stock drivers in UR40s for KSC35/Sportapro/Portapro drivers is really easy, take the housing plate off, cut the wire guides down the middle so you can stick them on the Portapro drivers' cable, take the thick foam...
+1, stuck my Portapro drivers in my UR40 headband after the stock UR40 drivers became unusable due to a bad plug, and love the results of that swap.
 The drivers are interchangeable, KSC35/Portapro/Sportapro drivers fit in the UR40 enclosure, KSC75/50/55/UR40/KTXPro1 drivers fit the Portapro/Sportapro headband, and vice versa, and I stuck the Portapro drivers in the UR40 headband, with the back opened up, and they sound great and are comfortable as well.
Portapro drivers + UR40 enclosure - the thick foam covering the UR40 enclosure's wire mesh back. That combo is giving me great results so far.
 No, it's quite easy to swap out, and it's compatible with Portapro/Sportapro/KSC35 drivers and with KSC75 drivers, moved my Portapro drivers from the Portapro headband to the UR40 enclosure, and I'm loving the results so far.
Since I tried my first successful headphone mod, swapping Portapro drivers into a UR40 enclosure to great success, mainly to have a pair of headphones that stays comfortable to wear for long periods of time again, I kinda wanna try velour earpads on these things, mainly as the stock leatherette earpads need replacing. Badly. I mean the foam is ready to come out of the right earpad for cryin' out loud, and I'm curious if anyone else has done that mod and what success...
UR40s with the Portapro drivers stuck in the enclosure.
I'm currently using a tweaked MATE. The tweaks are listed below:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Compositor: Compton.Menus: MATE Main Menu and TopMenu global menus.Task management: Plank dock.Terminal: Guake.Theme: A little grayish-schemed homebrew theme centered around a Clearlooks base with eOS window borders and Faenza-Cupertino icons.Wallpaper: A charcoal played-in winter scene drawing I made a few...
I tried sticking the Portapro drivers in the UR40 enclosure I had sitting around, mainly as a comfort improvement, and it improved both comfort and sound, IMO. Not a torture device to wear for long-term sessions, and I guess the treble is slightly softer because the drivers aren't right on top of my ears The foam that the UR40s originally came with lining the wire mesh side of the earcups was removed as well, in order to open them up a bit.   Plus the semi-exposed...