Posts by Sycho

Unfortunately, I was able to confirm that this is an issue via using the Speaker Setup test. At a high enough volume, it makes a beep/scratch sound. It is not a cable issue since I have two cables in possession with me.
I have in possession with me the Lyr and the Asgard. Both amps, when pushed sufficiently above a certain threshold will cause some pieces of music to make a scratchy grainy-like sound on the right side. Before the amps are warmed up, the don't seem to make that sound (although sound in general will sound a bit more congested). If I change tubes (Orange Globes A-frames to stock Lyr 6BZ7), the issue persists, though only after the tubes warm up.  For example, in Luv Letter...
I see them mentioned around the forums, but I can't find any info on them. Are they even existent, or is it some kind of joke?
I've recently purchased a used Lyr (1) with a pair of Genalex Gold Lion tubes. I switch it on, but the tubes are not glowing. The lights inside of the Lyr are however. The entire setup is still able to produce audio. I've noticed with the HD 6XX that the lows are amazing, but the highs seem a bit too high (feeding it into the FiiO E17K line out). Are the filaments blown out, or are the tubes not designed to glow?   Attached are the tubes in question and the Lyr with the...
I own both. Here's my impression:   HD598 destroys in all categories except for quantity of bass.
My Brainwavz B2 are close to dead now, and although they were nice, the signature was just not for me. I listen to many genres; rock, EDM, trailer, instrumental, D&B, dance, you name it. After trying out various different IEMs and headphones, I'm become more sensitive to sibilance, little to no sub-bass and recessed mids. I guess I'm looking for a warmer pair of IEM (or headphone) with full sounding mids, good impact (more than the B2, maybe around the 9927, but to or less...
I think everyone's favorite answer for you would be the Ultrasone HFI-580 (or 780 for a less bassy but more balanced set).  
By any chance have you tried out the HiFiMan RE400, and if you have, how would you compare it to the Brainwavz B2 and MH1C?
If you had to compare the RE400, GR01 and the MH1C in terms of soundstage, sibilance, bass, and fullness, which one would take the cake in each of these catagories?
I personally would not upgrade from the HD 558 to the HD 598. Even though I favor it more, the difference is too small to consider purchasing. You may even consider using both as a bonus, since the HD 558 has a bit more bass than the HD 598 so it sounds better with electronic music. You can use your HD 558 for more bassy music, while use the HD 598 for everything else. That being said, since you ordered it, there's almost no going back, unless you plan on returning them,...