or Connect

Posts by Gofre

I've been on the fence about whether to recreate my miniature rig of an iPod Nano Square and FiiO E6 that I used during university, winning an A1 would make that a very easy decision!
Thanks for the info, although rather than being a cost issue I simply cannot seem to find a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable intended for use as a coax cable. Any suggestions on that front?
I'm planning to pick up a Mojo to pair with my iBasso DX50 acting as the audio source, however I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what kind of cable I'll need. Both have what appears to be a 3.5mm jack for their coax cable, would it be wishful thinking to think a standard aux cable will do the job? If that wouldn't work, any insight into the sort of cable that would work would be awesome!
Great, thanks for the info! 
I'm strongly considering picking up a pair of Savants with a Chord Mojo, from what I've read of both it sounds like a pretty awesome combination and appeals to my sort of sound preferences (relatively neutral/HD800-esque, above average soundstage/imaging for an IEM). This might be the wrong thread to ask about alternative setups, but is there anything else people would recommend reading into for around the same £800 budget? Looking for universal IEMs exclusively, either...
Hi everyone,   So yeah, it's been about three years since I have owned a "proper" IEM and I've not really paid attention to the options in this market for about as long. However I'm about to start a job where I will have to say goodbye to my desktop gear for a few years and could definitely benefit from the isolation of in-ear monitors again. I'm getting my annual bonus from work next week so I figured I'd start looking into what options are available now! So yeah, a...
Just ordered a pair of RS220 for ludicrously cheap from Sennheiser's outlet, very excited to get them!   What is the optimal way of arranging an RS220 setup? I've seen it's got digital and analogue inputs in the basestation. Does an amp sound signature/power output have a significant influence on the audio performance of the headphones, or is that predominantly dictated by the transmitter? This is my first foray into this style of high end wireless cans, so I'm a little...
Back on sale, never got around to selling them before :)
(I'm also sending this to FiiO's customer support, but figured I'd pick the brains of you guys in case anyone has experienced any similar issues :) )   Last night my E17/E09K combo stopped working, it was completely fine earlier in the afternoon but when I went to watch a movie later that night (the computer had not been turned off between these points) it wasn't playing audio through the usual channel I use (USB>docked E17>E09K>Hifi Amp via line-out). The E17 has also...
 I'm reluctant to comment on the fidelity of them for the reasons I've given in this post and previously, but I would say to my ears they seem relatively balanced, verging on warm. I did like the mids on them, vocals were nice and forward and were probably the only area of the spectrum I felt were satisfying compared to my over-ears. The low end seemed slightly north of neutral, extended well and had plenty of impact, but with the smaller soundstage they sounded a bit too...