Posts by djsquared

Dude, I think you're basing your criticisms mostly off of the speculation here on this thread without there being any extant physical product from V-MODA. I just think you're getting all worked up over something that is still in the works. Don't count it out till it is actually released and you have some real evidence upon which to base your opinion (which to me does not include the questions by Val about how it should sound--he's trying his best to make it sound great...
I would snap up that amp in a second! I imagine a hard-shell, amp/charger connected via the 30-pin dock connector similar to Mophie products. Sounds like a great solution!  
  In Val's own words: "Trust."   I think V-MODA is fully capable of putting out a great balanced product that won't be toooooooooo LP bassy, and won't suck tooooooooooo hard compared to M-80s unamped. The consensus on this thread so far seems to be: 1) It'd be cool if the M-100s were M-80 sound / LP2 form factor, with over-ear isolation and bigger driver resulting in higher-quality (not simply MORE EMPHASIZED) bass. 2) If amped the headphones should sound fully fantastic,...
Photo? I don't see no photo! Oh, I see what you're doing . . . buzzzzz marketing . . . What a tease! (or maybe you're talking about Snooki with her rhinestone covered incognito M-100s disguised as another brand?!?! )  
Further to my previous post, as a head-fi newbie, and based upon what I have read here so far, I trust that V-MODA will make the right decision for SQ. The M-80 gets great reviews on this board, and the LP/LP2 line is very popular with the DJ/basshead crowd (though I've recently read some audiophiles can't take their hands off the LP2).   All things being equal, and aside from SQ, the things that I love about V-MODA headphones-- and the things that keep me hyped for...
V-MODA M-100 Summary as of July 11, 2012. Thanks for many Head-Fi members and, of course, V-MODA CEO Val Kolton for their contributions.   The V-Moda M-100s...   ...are closed circumaural cans meant keep in step with the M-80s more audiophile-pleasing sound signature. ...will most certainly be an upgrade SQ wise from the M-80s. Val Kolton from V-MODA has stated the highs are more extended than the M-80s while still avoiding a strong treble spike common in other...
I'm quite interested in the M-100, too. Hopefully V-MODA will release them soon!
Hello all,    I did a quick search for an introductions thread because I'm new to this site (been lurking for a while w/o joining; now I'm ready to jump into the discussions a bit more), and I think this is about as close as I can find to a thread for n00bs to say, "Hey, I'm new! Whassup?!"    Anyways, hello.    My current gear incluse Apple In-Ear buds (crap), JVC Marshmallow in-ear (also crap, but actually better than Apple's effort), the requisite Koss...
Hey all,    I've been lurking for a while on Head-Fi, and I finally joined. I just returned a newly bought LP2 because I decided to wait for V-MODA to release the M-100 (based largely on what I have read on this and other forums).   I also just bought one of the JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03 amps. It's pretty incredible for the price. Definitely more bass response with the Bass Boost feature toggled on, and without it I notice a general increase in level, as well as...