Posts by yosister

I am assuming this is a joke.  
haha yeah, by Gyl I meant Tyl, sorry! And I really have no idea why I confused you too.  
haha me niether  
I'm sorry, for some reason I thought you were Gil from Inner Fidelity?  Am I trippin, or did you just not remember the l1 and k550?  If you are Gil, then here is the review you wrote of the L1: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/handsome-philips-fidelio-l1   And here is your review of the k550: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/wonderfully-competent-akg-k550-sealed-headphone  
it degrades the sound isolation and maybe the bass a bit, but tbh the bass is so huge you would never notice it.  
I'm sorry for the comparison question as I have asked you this on maybe three different pages, so feel free to answer in just one location, but how do the HDJ-2000s compare to the Fidelio L1s and the AKG-K550?
The HDJ-2000 is a very good headphone, as is the Fidelio L1.  I own the 2000 and love it, and have never heard the L1 but know it is popular.  The 2000 is extremely rugged, as one reviewer put it, it's "built like a tank."  It is war and "forward" sounding but not really bass-y like audio technicas or something.  I like them a lot- I have the bllack ones, the hdj-2000-k.  They fold up smaller than the L1 and are probably tougher.  They definately have better isolation...
How do they compare to the Fidelio L1 in terms of sound?  Are they similar, being warm but not hugely bass heavy?  I own the hdj-2000 and am interested in the fidelio l1 (and possibly m1 if it becomes an equivelent success with the audiophile crowd).  
hdj-2000 or fidelio l1  
IMO, the best cheap IEM on earth is by Urban Ears.  They have a very limited bass range, but the bass within that range is sophistocated and well articulated, not at all gaudy.  The mids and highs are also decent, and the build quality is absolutely superb- the cord on these is indestructable.  The soundscaping sucks, but for $35, you get what you pay for. Also, the buds snap together, which is cool, and they come with an awesome warranty.  The only downside is that the...