Posts by AsadA203

Thanks for the info.  I think I will just go with the STX then, it seems to have a lot of fixes that the Forte should have come with and hopefully should last longer than my Forte.  I think I will go with the Fiio E7/E10 for my portable gear.     I am pretty sure the S3 can have the DAC bypassed via USB when I was researching it on XDA, that would definitely suck if I was wrong :(.  That was one of my big complaints with older Android phones.  
That unfortunately won't work as I don't have any PCI slots on my mobo, it would need to be PCI-E (also am looking for a headphone amp that is on par or better than the Forte, even though I don't think my HD 555s will notice that too much).     The Fiio E6 does look interesting though.     Below $100 for a USB headphone amp.  I am flexible on a PCI-E soundcard with a headphone amp, although I don't want another Auzentech/Creative product.     So is there a USB DAC/Sound...
Hi Guys,   Well I posted a while back about my X-Fi Forte analog outs dying on me so I have been forced to use the DAC on my Z5500 (from the digital out of the X-Fi Forte) to power my HD 555s.  I have personally found the Logitech's headphone out to be awful compared to the Forte's headphone amp (well, obviously lol) and I have been considering to either replace the X-Fi Forte with a new soundcard or get a USB DAC.   I am leaning towards the USB DAC because I can...
Bump .  
Hi Guys,   I was hoping someone could help me narrow down what failed on my Forte so I can go about repairing it.  I recently had my Forte die when it started outputting a rhythmic beating, coupled with heavily distorted audio (you can't hear anything at all until the volume is cranked up) along with very loud intermittent pops.  This occurs not only on the ANALOG 7.1 out but also the pre-amped out for headphones.  I have taken the board out and tried in different...