or Connect

Posts by Syracuse

Heard it, seriously overpriced. Instead of releasing a new model every other week they better put in a couple of streaming services. I will not buy A&K again. I laughed when I compared it to both Chords. Don't want to bash anyone but I think A&K should get its **** together.
I just got my unit today, after e-mailing my importer relentlessly.    I work in a hifi store where we sell many high-end products and since recently we sell Chord as well.   I lost my interest a bit listening to my H8Pro on my Astell & Kern AK100II since I didn't think it provided everything what was needed for the in-ear to reach maximum fidelity.   I got an optical cable from sysconcept and just recently received my new Nexus 5X smartphone. I bought the necessary...
I think 99.9% can better stop drooling over the new orpheus system here. At 50.000 euro's it will be a collectors item for Bill Gates and his popular friends.
Happy H8Pro user here for a couple of months. I use them with AK100II and was very happy with them until I heard them with Hugo. Luckely now there is Mojo which I will get very soon after testing with Hugo. The AK100II is very good with them but can not compare to something like a Chord or a full sized setup which will be more expensive than the inexpensive Mojo compared. Do your ears a favor and try to attach a Chord to them, they will blow your socks of with the natural...
After 15 min. of listening it became clear already. My AK100II is crushed on every level compared with the Hugo, it's not even a contest. All my initial reservations are wiped out. I'm not going to get Hugo since I think it's still very expensive (but maybe justified) and the Mojo has the form factor I'm looking for. I'm so happy my boss ordered three of these things since one of them is definitely coming home with me. The optical out of my AK sounds excellent to my ears...
In my first impression the sound seemed a bit loose and slightly too warm for my taste and since my expectations were sky high I felt a bit underwhelmed. But now that unit has travelled to a lot of customers for testing and has a lot more hours on it I'm going to try it again. But the only reason I took it home is to see if I could like it and prepare for Mojo which seems to have a similar sound. I'm thinking that probably I jumped to conclusions too soon and I'm curious...
I'm taking the Chord Hugo home from work to prepare for Mojo. It will be interesting to test my CustomArt H8Pro's on it and compare afterwards when the Mojo comes in. One advantage I have is that I can test gear all the time since we're a Chord dealer. My first impressions of them together weren't great but it could be possible that the Hugo wasn't properly played in. I'm going to give it a second try. I'm much more interested in the small form factor and price...
I just ordered the optical cable from Sys Concept. The funny thing is I'm not even sure if the sound signature of the Mojo will match my Customart H8Pro. I tried it with the Hugo, but it was the optical cable in the box and thought the sound signature was a little too warm for my taste. I normally am not a big believer in audio cables but I hope the Mojo has a slightly more neutral sound signature. Oh well, I'll find out soon for myself and in worst case scenario I'll sell...
Specifically would be nice but another DAP with optical out that is also very good might show some similar results.   What are your findings?   Thanks.
I'm so curious about this thing. I have a next gen AK100II and am really looking forward to the sound connected through optical. Anyone try this before?   I'm so happy I work in a store where we do Chord Electronics, but I'm curious if anyone did this test.   I won't get to test it for a couple of weeks but it would be the perfect answer for my AK100II since it's not the last word with my Customart H8Pro.   Thanks in advance.