Posts by TooPoor

They screw in fine. But sound goes in and out if you move your head an inch or two. They just seem to have an extremely loose connection. Not a problem with the HE500, just these. Stock cable connects perfectly. Going to ask Trevor @ Norne tomorrow.
Both are extremely balanced across the spectrum. The Enigma is darker yet still very detailed. The 560 is more airy and tighter. Still tough to compare a closed phone and open phone. That's all I've got so far! More to come.
Xpost/HE-560 Thread   Easily my favorite two cans I've owned simultaneously.     And another Engima pic  
The Enigmas found a new friend tonight...     - Box and headphones came unscathed. Phew. - Already in love with the comfort. Sound awesome out of the box. - So my Norne cable for my HE-500 doesn't work with them. Hugely disappointed with that considering I kept it just for these. Not really sure why they won't connect properly. Oh well. - Need a lot more time with these before I compare them to anything (ie LFF Engima)
About the LFF Enigmas and HE560: I don't have the 560 yet. Comes in on Monday. Having spent a lot of time with the Enigma though, I can say that they seem (to me) very different than the 560 that I've spent time with (auditioning). The Enigmas are brutally dependent on the source/gear. I really like the Enigmas, but I don't feel like my gear is up to snub, or my audio files. I feel like the 560 is more forgiving and musical. The Enigmas are the most open sounding closed...
Maricius, I probably should've specified more for others. For those who don't know, the LFF Enigma is a closed back creation of a (former) member and are the best closed headphones I've ever heard. I'm hoping the HE-560 can compliment it well on it's technical abilities which are, at times, a bit too good (unforgiving). The 560, as a complimentary, open headphone, I'm hoping for a bit of forgiveness, but not as much as the HE500. The Enigma is certainly colored (a bit...
Just sold my modded HE-500s. HE-560 incoming. What I'm looking forward to:   1. How they pair with my La Figaro 339 (TS 5998). My modded HE-500 was simply amazing with this setup. If they don't work well then I guess I have to look into the Violectric V281 2. Comfort. The HE-500s were just a bit too fatiguing. The 560s were one of the most comfortable HP I've ever worn. 3. I listened to the 560s out of every amp I could at T.H.E Show in Newport (WA7, HA-1, Lyr2,...
My HE-500 cable is outstanding. See my FS ad for a pic of it. Zero microphonics. Not sure exactly what the sleeve is made of though... like a shoelace I guess. Sorry I can't more accurately describe it!
Stupid Question of the Day:    I'm just now getting back into IEMs after picking up a DX90 for gym/work duty. I have JVC FXZ200, VSonic GR07 BE, and Audio Technica CKS99. The DX90 seems awesome, but I don't believe any of my IEMs match well with it (too revealing?) I'm wondering what I'll think of the FX850 as I, at the moment, don't care for the FXZ200. The FXZ200 is a lot of fun, but as I've become lost down the audio rabbit hole, my tastes have changed. I almost...
 For what it's worth... At the Newport show I listened to the 560 out of everything from the EF2A to the HeadAmp GSX-MKII. It sounded horrible out of the EF2A, as did the 400i. But it sounded amazing out of everything else including the Lyr2, Asgard2, WA7, HA-1, Liquid Gold, etc etc. It never sounded 'bright' but I can honestly see why people might hear it... YMMV. PM-1 next to it sounded horrible. The 560 destroyed the PM-1 in every way. In fact, the 400i was far better...