or Connect

Posts by MEDO

if you like the HD800 BUT it is bright for your taste, then the T1 should be the right one for you, yet you think they're not even bad just pure crap.   it's hard for a hater to read about the strong points of some pride and joy, instead they make up a few lame claims, I feel ... very sorry for you ( i bet that stax will be bright for you ).
+1 this very much .. but i won't deny that i didn't hear any darker headphone.   let me get this straight ,, you don't like the HD800, T1 and also the LCD-2 !! WTF is your problem ?! do you have stax or what ?! explain your self more, or anyone here won't give a s*** about your s****y opinion.
I had the denon D5000 which its sound should be close to the D7000, going from denons to beyerdynamic T1 was a big step technically ( sound stage, treble, details and controlled bass ... ) but the sound of the T1 was kinda of anemic compared to the D5000, bright and stripped of any kind musicality that my D5k offered. Don't expect to be blown away be the T1, I'm saying that you can't smoke the magic out of them unless you spend more than 600$ on the amp alone, i sold...
I'd say there's no such thing, but after hearing the Audeze LCD-2 ... let's just say it made me a believer.
Yeah ... the same here when i first heard them, i thought the sound was the same as my T1 just harder and sharper with closed in sound stage ... i was expecting a veryyy smooth and detailed sound but instead it was very close to the T1 ... i remember being a bit disappointed cause i had high hopes for them, then i remembered the burn-in period and with desperation i played a combination of harsh treble and hard bass files through them ( the same burn-in method for my T1...
didn't hear the GS1000i, but i can assure the details will be more apparent on the LCD-2 than the HE-500. Don't get me wrong, both are very detailed sounding headphones but the LCD-2 is sharper in details and smoother in the overall sound. Yeah i know it's very subtle but if you focus you'll definitely notice.But i think the Grados will give you sharper details along with the sharp treble as well. If you listen mostly to modern music I'd say get the LCD-2 because they're...
+2 HE-400 .. if you sell your D2k you could afford them and save some cash. They fit your bill perfectly also you're upgrading in sound quality not downgrading. I'd take them in a blink of an eye in their price range.   don't forget they leak sound in and out a lot if you're using an amp and listened at high volumes, without an amp and moderate listening leaking will be very minimum.
funkydandy ... you know that the King of kings is known to be the Stax 009 and Audeze LCD-3, each one of them dominate some areas of the audio spectrum. The polls and recommendations won't do you any good, you have to know what YOU want more; treble, soundstage,bass or the tone of the sound ( dark, bright,warm,cold - no one wants the cold tone unless they're audio engineer ). but there's a common mistake that every new audiophile make by thinking that the dark sound...
AUDEZE all the way .. i'll try to make it simple - If you want the best bass ever produced by a headphone, and musicality with an organic lively sound and smooth treble (with all the details, just not in a sharp way ) go for the Audeze. - If you want the absolute sharp like a needle treble go for the HD800. << some people love that treble. ( forget to add the sound stage advantage for both the T1 and HD800 ). ------------ as for the T1 they just sound like a normal super...
dark ?! warm ?!! that's very confusing but it's actually make sense guys, read adrilla's post. i mean finally i realized the difference between the sound of my Denon D5k and my LCD-2. If we're talking about warmness here then the denons are really warm but in the darkness area I've never heard anything like the audeze LCD-2. But this is could be a tow-edged positive for them, when i had the T1 i was shifting between them and the DT990 from time to time. With the LCD-2 i...