Posts by nbakid2000

never mind, fixed it. I (too) guess it upsamples to 24 bit when playing 16 bit files with WASAPI?
OK, theoretically, if I have an iPhone 4s and say an Audioquest Dragonfly, I'd hook up the Dragonfly to the USB coming out of the iPhone with the adapter and then plug in my headphones into the Dragonfly. What happens when the iPhone 4s runs out of battery power? Just stop the listening and recharge it? Or is there something I'm missing? I guess I'd have to get an external battery pack case for it or something. Unless there's something else I'm unaware of.
I just performed the mod and so far my impressions are mixed. Everything seems a *tad* more clear, not necessarily more "airy" like others are hearing. So far the harshness is pretty bad though. I guess it depends on what you listen to, but everything seems too sharp for my ears. It's slightly painful to hear. It's not BAD, mind you, but it's slightly more assaulting (to me) than with the foam pads. I'm still listening and trying to judge with various albums. I may put the...
Right, I'm going to be using them at work too, which involves sitting down and typing. Even so, the microphonics are there and annoy the crap out of me.   Regardless of whether tape would destroy the warranty or not, would it actually cut down the microphonics?  
I got a pair "Like New" from Amazon. I'm thinking about returning them and buying a new pair for the warranty. The used ones were 134 vs 195 at Amazon. I'm scared of these breaking even though I'm going to be babying them.   Does anyone have any custom molds on these things? How would those work with these things? I'm having to put the cable over my ear due to the cable noise/microphonics. Would the molds eliminate the ability to hook over the ears?   I'm in the...
I just got a pair of the Trumpets after auditioning them in Best Buy. Best Buy wanted 300 bucks, I got mine in "Like New" condition on Amazon for $134. The guy at Best Buy swore up and down these were the best he's ever heard.   I freaking love these things. I'm used to $10 ear buds, so it's obviously a DRASTIC improvement, but these things are amazing even without that gap. I'm currently burning them in - Monster recommends about 20 hours. I'm at about 8.5 or 9...
Will wrapping the cord in electrical tape help solve the issue? Has anyone tried that method?  
I got the Miles Davis Trumpet earbuds and they sound great. But the cord is really bad, as when it rubs against ANYTHING (face, clothing, hands, desk, you name it) you get "booming" in each earbud. (I'm using these on iPhone 4s)   Is this normal? (I'm new to earbuds) They have flat cords, and from what I've read online, everyone has an issue with these buds due to the cord design. Or is it normal because it's in your ear and other scientific explanations? I've had...
OK, so basically, you're saying that even if I lower the volume on the computer from 100% to say like (well, you said to find a volume slightly lower than normal, so I found like...90% to sound good, I guess) it shouldn't really matter as far as my sound quality *that* much. Is that right?   As I said, I really really like what I'm hearing on the sound side of things. I just don't want to get clipping but I don't want to degrade my audio quality by avoiding that...
Isn't the udac-2 supposed to be 24 bit? Or is it basically because they screwed up the design it loses the 16 bit resolution without being 100% (and the HRT doesn't)? Sorry, like I said, I don't know too much about the technical details.