Posts by GabeyGabe

Thanks! I'll definitely pick it up than!
     Recently my Fiio E6 broke, when I dropped it on the ground, and I lost the switch that turns it on. I have tried a couple of ways to fix it, but I gave up, but thats not what this is about. I was looking for a new headphone amp, and I have noticed the Fiio E11, and E7. Is there a better option around the same price/size. I don't want/need a dedicated headphone amp right now, so I wanna keep any suggestions portable. Thanks guys. The headphones I am looking to drive...
Thanks to all of you for the input. I know for sure that it is the amp specifically. I have tested both headphones on my Ipod, computer, laptop, and a second amplifier we have set up in our living room. That being said I will go to radioshack next chance I get. I really have a feeling its an internal issue with the amp, because the headphones sound fine (they do produce sound). Another thing worth mentioning is that the white noise stays at a constant level, so when I...
Both headphones work fine with an ipod, laptop, or anything besides my amp. I will test it with a different amp when I get home from school.
 The other day my friend sold me his Sennheiser hd 555 headphones, and I was very excited, these being my first real "Audiophile" grade phones. I plugged them into my Luxman R-104 receiver and before even turning the volume up, I noticed that a very loud white noise coming through. I turned turned the speakers on, and they didn't produce the white noise. I plugged in my 525s and the white noise was still there. It had never happened before, so I was, and still am worried...
 I can't help but being a little offended, I am aware of other headphones, I appreciate brands such as Beyerdynamic, Denon, Audio Technica, and B&W but at the same time, I am 15, and can only spend roughly 100 dollars on headphones at a time, so I buy brands like Sennheiser, simply because they are the best bang for my buck, in my opinion. I also didn't realize we had to make the posts short, I just wanted to accurately portray the situation, but frankly if you didn't...
    First point I'm going to bring up is: Why not go for the HD429? They are just under 60 bucks on amazon, and you'll get an excellent pair of headphones at the price point, and it is worth the extra 10-20 bucks. That being said, the 429 will have better, clearer, more accurate highs, mids, and even bass than you're 201. The bass isn't over accentuated out of the box, but thats actually why I love this line sennheiser put out (the 419-449). The bass is never...
You'll have to eq the bass up a little, but its certainly there. You won't get the same booming bass as the Sony mdr-xb500, but you'll get smooth, and accurate bass response, and it can handle being pushed. You're mids and highs will only improve. With sennheiser you either get exactly what you paid for, or better :D   I have also found that the xb500 have a fairly good mid section, but sacrifices the highs a bit. They are a really fun headphone but they aren't very...
       Towards the end of last year my brother and I traded headphones, so I got to use his srh840 for one beautiful day(he got my senn. hd 525). In one of my classes a kid I knew, but wasn't friends with started questioning me about them. "What are those?" "How much were they?" "Are they good?". He ended up telling me that his mom was getting him a second pair of beats. I asked him something along the lines of "Why in gods name would she do that?" Needless to say, we...