Posts by GabeyGabe

Hey guys! I want to start off by preemptively apologizing. I have a lot of trouble navigating forums and as such usually end up posting my questions in the wrong place. If I did misplace this question please let me know right and tell me where I should ask it. If this is the right place, than ignore what I just said, haha. So earlier today I was trying to find an ipod's headphone jack's voltage and stumbled upon this article:...
Just so you know, I really loved this Idea, the double sided detachable cables, but I had nowhere near enough now-how.
They have been fixed! Basically, the right cable (to the driver that is) got severed, so we (my brother and I) pulled the cable out of the cup, cut it to a usable point, and soldered on a new cable. Unfortunately putting the in they way it came proved to be an impossible task, so we ran in through the little hole towards the top of the cup (it was just a little screen, so we poked a hole in it. It looks a little ugly, but it also isn't too noticeable. I might do it on...
Okay, so Amazon gave me a full refund, no questions asked, and I get to keep the headphones. I think I found the problem, so tell me if this makes sense, haha. Right where the cable enters the can (http://imgur.com/K5R1D) the cable is torn open. Not broken, mind you, but the copper wiring is exposed, and some of it is actually tearing a little. Could I fix the wire without installing a new one? Could this even be the problem?
I've been looking for an excuse to buy a multimeter, and this will certainly suffice. Thank you Kalbee, I will take all of this into consideration. I sent a request to have return them to amazon, so hopefully none of this will matter, I was just hoping I could pop in a new driver, but now I know that isn't necessarily the case. I think I'll wait and see what Amazon says before I mess with the phones too much more. Thanks a bunch! I will update with what happens; if I fix...
The cable seemed to be in fine condition, and usually if its the jack, you can jiggle it a get something, but theres also the cable going through the headband, that I have no way of checking.
I recently bought a pair of Sony zx700 headphones for the amazing price of 25 dollars used in "acceptable" condition. When they arrived at my door yesterday, I opened the package, then the box, an put the headphones on. The first thing I noticed was that the right ear was not working. I don't know in what universe half broken is acceptable, but I got what I paid for. I took the earpad off, to take a look at the driver, and It looked fine. I then took the driver housing...
I completely forgot, but the Sennheise HD 600 are very well respected general use headphones. They are exactly 400 dollars, but you could find them used or refurbished for less. Not only will they be great in studio, but you can use em' at home too. Great great headphones, a little ugly though (thats actually an under statement).
Beyerdynamic is always great, and the Dt-770 are very well respected monitoring headphones. As far as a more bass heavy pair, I would suggest Finding a pair of Sennheiser Hd 525/535, if possible. Those are very bass enriched, and have an incredible mid section. The highs are a little lack luster. If you can't get your hands on those, a pair of Sony Mdr-xb 700 are a very very bassy headphone, and have pretty great mids and highs. The Dt-770 are 160, the Sennheisers are...
     One of the things worth taking into account is how a headphone actually looks on the head. I was going to say the Sony Mdr-1r, but once I saw a couple of pictures of people wearing them, I decided I could do better. I think the Harmon Kardon cl look very nice, both on and off one's head. I don't know if they are the best looking, but I feel that they are a competitor.