Posts by rainblack

For Sale...   A barely used pair of Shure SRH750DJ. 100$US + shipping depending on where I ship them. Will ship worldwide.   Got them in February, used for about 20 hours maximum.   No scratch, no signs of them ever being used. They never left my house / listening station. Should be considered "As new, opened box". I take very good care of my things.   Sadly, the wife got rid of the original box, but they do come with everything that was originally...
May I simply add that mine are also 100% flat and identical all round.
I did put on the beyer pads almost right away (and maybe I suck at this, maybe I'm too cautious (didn't want to break something, touch the driver, scratch something, cut the wire...) but I really had a hard time putting these pads on... especially the part that goes in the middle over the driver which is loose that kept bending incorrectly.. arg) and I must say that it was worth all the effort.   They are now very comfortable and the sound only gets better (slightly...
Got my Q40 yesterday... and all I can say is Wow.   I'm impressed, really. For everything "pop, clubstep, radio material" I used to prefer my SRH750DJ over the hfi 580's and the Pro900's a little bit; now I prefer the Q40's by a mile over all. The mid/sub bass from these is what I experienced to be the closest to a "quality subwoofer feeling" (amped w/ Fiio E17)... I was looking for this ! While the rest is still nice and clear. I kept smiling here and there while...
Ugh, sadly I don't have my portapro's anymore.   I used to listen to Ice Cube, Cannibus, IAM, Ice-T etc. over and over and over again with these 10 years ago and I really liked how they sounded but I didn't have experience / comparaison point then. I will then let anyone else who currently own the Porta's answer you. But from memory (after listening to Ice Cube right now with my 580's) they, I hope, did a better job.   
Well actually it was more like a joke.   I wouldn't be 100% against a chatroom, but I'd have to say that I would fear that most users here with great experience won't really have the time to read the threads, post, and chat also. Therefore, like me, (while I am not an experienced head-fier) I believe that many won't be able to use it / follow requests. Therefore, newbies might invade the chatrooms since many of them have a lot of free time to kill and that would also...
I was going to suggest the Koss Portapro's which I owned (2 pairs) back in the day... always enjoyed the heavy bass (only listened to trance / rap with them) but can't compare them to the XB500 since I've never listened to them. Only thing is that I'm guessing that the XB500 are like 2 big pillows where the porta's are more like "put and forget".   The AKG K518LE are pretty inexpensive and bassy... but again I can't compare to the XB500. Oh and they aren't comfy... !...
You too ?   Are we sure MalV isn't a hidden M-Audio sales rep ?   Just kidding... but my Q40's are in the mail. 119$. Should get them tomorrow. Can't wait (oh, with the mandatory velour pads). Q40's were very popular a little way back vs the infamous ATH-M50 I believe (used Search). To me, I'd wear them outside no problem (while being carefull) because even with their size I find them very good looking in pictures (I don't know why... but I do). I can't wait to compare...
Totally against chatrooms. Reasons why have been stated above PLUS 90% of the time I spend here is at work (the wife doesn't want me to lurk around here too much... scared that our "house money" will go away on Denon's or else !) and I couldn't follow a chatroom while being at work !
I won't directly answer "Yes" to the OP's question but... here's what I feel.   I do not own super highend equipment (audeze...), but the Ultrasone Pro900 will easily pickup differences between Mp3's and Flac most of the time with Jazz, Classical, Instrumental, Classic rock etc. When I listen to Rap, Pop, RnB, Electro... then I won't notice much of a difference... in fact, like Malveaux said earlier, at that point I usually grab my "lower end" pair (SRH750DJ for...