or Connect

Posts by Hibuckhobby

My HD700's do have a peak at about 6khz, but on my many recordings, that doesn't present much of a problem. Are there times I feel the need to turn them down?  Yes.  Am I happy with them?  Pretty much.  I find they are much more revealing of various rectifiers and power tubes in my WA6.  I also find that there is quite a bit of detail to be heard without high volume levels.  The soundstage width and depth is excellent and the bass, while not "abundant" is...
Amazed at how much difference rectifiers make. Have been comparing NOS Amperex 5AR4, Sophia 274b and NOS Tungsol 5r4. Right now the Sophia is ahead on my D7000's, but the TS needs a few more hours on it. Hibuck... pics to follow
Looking for something with a bit more bass weght than the voshkod's or lorenz. Thoughts? Hibuck.....
Thanks for the tip! It began life as a silver one...and life has been hard.Someone dropped it and put a gouge in the transformer cover. It came with a newSophia rectifier and a few tubes. I bought some nos Rca 6DE7's and have aChatham 5R4 coming. Sounds great with my D7000's, and HD650's. Stillbreaking in some hD700's. This thread is going to be hard on my wallet!Already talking to glenn about adapters.regards,Hibuck....
Just bought a used WA6 with Princess 274b and PDPS.  It's a little tarnished/less shiny than the ones I see pics of here, but it sure sounds great with the NOS 6DE7's I picked up.  Have also been trying a Amperex 5AR4 that is a bit more forward but has a great width to the soundstage.   Reading my way through this thread, but only up to page 310 right now. Hibuck......
Wrong thread
Going to make a serious effort to be there.  If I make it, I'll bring: Heavily modded Shanling CD1000 tube cd player Denon D7000 Woo WA6 Senn. HD700 Laptop Headroom Home PS audio DLIII   Hibuck....
I sold my ortho's and am downsizing. This sweetheart needs a new home. Local pickup only. You carry it up the stairs:D. $500 While he hasn't seen it for about 6 mo., Skylab knows this unit. Hibuck...    
Very good condition with HiFiMan cloth lined box.  A killer entry-level set of cans especially at this price.  Pics sent to serious inquiries...send your email via PM. $130  shipped in USA.   Paypal add 3% Hibuck.....
You have a PM. Hibuck...