Posts by Hibuckhobby

Apologize in advance for lack of pics . I have a pair of Cornwalls and redid the crossover caps with mundorfs and obligattos. Had a guy over the other day buying my Audio Research amp and he was stunned...couldn't get over how big and smooth they sounded. His comment was that he didn't think horns could sound like that. Also have a pair of KEF 105.2's with redone crossovers...erse coils, and dueland caps. Sound reat with SS amplification. Hibuck...
I've had pork, but not beef. Fairly mild, deep fried little bit chewy. Every year the small town of Byron, Illinois, has a turkey testicle festival that draws a crowd. Hibuck...
Hmmmm....was sure I already "signed up" for this, but here I am. I plan on attending and if needed can bring some cans...although, it seems that with Hifiman already there, it doesn't make much sense to bring HE5Le's.   Really looking forward to it. Hibuck...
OK...I try to swing the numbers in the other direction a bit. I've been in the audio game for over 40 years...I'm 65. Hibuck...
I own both and find I listen to the HD650's more.  I do have reasonably good amps to run them with.  The bass on the Dt990 is stronger, but so are the highs, which can make cymbals, horns, etc., really stand out...at times to the point of being over bearing for me.   If you like a lot of highs, you should like them.   The Beyer has a wider soundstage and is very open although a bit recessed in the midrange.  The midrange for the 650 is, to my ears, one of...
Just bought this a short while ago from another member. Fast and very transparent. It has plenty ofgain on high for my HE5LE's. Have decided to go even farther upscale and get some more tubes. Heavy, well built and great stepped attenuator. You can read more on Headroom's site. $250 shipped in usa. Paypal preferred. Will try to get pics up...or pm me with your email. About 7/10 on A'gon scale to be conservative. best, Hibuck... will also consider trade toward Woo or...
You very likely won't be happy without amplification. My laptop simply will not drive them o any significany volume. Hibuck.....
Just as title line says.  Very good condition.  I am original owner and can't find any scuffs/scratches, but prudence demands that I not say "mint" because someone would find something then for sure.  They are about 6 mo. old with a couple hundred hours on them.   No original box or paper work.  I will take pics with my cell for serious inquiries (just PM me with your email address).   I accept postal money order and paypal...and of course cash .   Just too many...
May consider parting with y hd598;   Great phones, but little use with a pair or hd650's lying aboutl with great image specificity tends to give them less use.  More neutrao than the 650 and stronger highs. It's crying out for a decent had amp.  I find my Old SKool  Headamp and theiy are have great synergy. Great headphone, just a little low in the food chain given what I''ve been selecting lately. $150.00 and I'll pick up the shipping cost above ten buck....
Love those ASL amps.  Mine has closely matched E-84's and a nos 5751 with windmill getter. Hibuck....