Posts by Hibuckhobby

The notice you like to get:  12/17/2012 6:20 A.M. Out For Delivery All this after UPS telling me they didn't know where the package was. Draygonn has been great throughout and went the second mile in going back to the store for more info. regards, Hibuck.....
Anxiety rising.  My WA2 has been in the UPS system since the 11th and the online tracking says it's still sitting in the LA UPS store.  I contacted UPS and customer service said it should have already arrived and an inquiry needed to be launched by the seller.  That doesn't help my confidence because it was likely sent "ground" so it shouldn't be here yet...there should just be updates.  (so why did they say their records showed it had missed it's delivery...
Woo-woo sign me up for that one. Hibuck...
Recently purchased the ESP950 and at first found them to be a bit thin tonally and light in the bass. After some breakin hours, I fired up JRiver on my pc and turned on the crossfeed with a little extra  judicious EQ.  Wow....different phones.  Bass still won't thump, but it there and very clean  Something about these phones just pulls me into the music. Hibuck...
I got it!  It should be here Friday or probably next monday with holiday shipping  that is going on.  Extra rectifiers as well as a variety of 6080's.  Yes, of course I'm already looking for 5998's...but I am pumped!   Now the waiting begins. Hibuck....
Just put in a bid on a WA2 to go along with my WA6.  This thread has not been good for my wallet and as I'm reading through it, I'm only up to page 700.  Hard to imagine what will  happen to me by the time I've read all the way to the end  Hibuck....
PM sent. Hibuck....
I've only been back into headphones for a year after a 30+ year hiatus and have tried many of the "up to 1k" offerings from Audeze and Hifiman.  For some reason, the cans that remain are my D7000's, HD650's and a recent pair of Koss ESP-950's.  There's something about those 7000's (I know...preaching to the choir) that keeps me coming back.  Love them on my headroom home and the Woo WA6.  If I upgrade anything, it will be amplification and cabling on the...
My HD700's do have a peak at about 6khz, but on my many recordings, that doesn't present much of a problem. Are there times I feel the need to turn them down?  Yes.  Am I happy with them?  Pretty much.  I find they are much more revealing of various rectifiers and power tubes in my WA6.  I also find that there is quite a bit of detail to be heard without high volume levels.  The soundstage width and depth is excellent and the bass, while not "abundant" is...
Amazed at how much difference rectifiers make. Have been comparing NOS Amperex 5AR4, Sophia 274b and NOS Tungsol 5r4. Right now the Sophia is ahead on my D7000's, but the TS needs a few more hours on it. Hibuck... pics to follow