Posts by Hibuckhobby

I've tried multiple rectifieers from an Amperex GZ34 to a Tungsol 5R4 and a SP247b.  I keep coming back to my vintage 5Y3 rca.  Taut bass, good tonal balance and good soundstage.  It's like a the princess and the tungsol had a love child. Hibuck....
Just gauging interest at this point, but would consider a straight across trade of my good condition WA2 for a WA6SE in like condition.  I have a number of tubes for the WA2 for all three holes...rectifier, driver and power tube...valuing at least $500 plus.  Would prefer a WA6SE with a few tubes for rolling as well.   Unit works perfectly, no hum...noise...etc. I just have several OTL amps and need something with a bit more output should I ever decide to...
[RIGHT[/RIGHT]Not yet, but have tried 1939 vintage 6SA7's. This thing is so close to the amp I bought from you that I may sell that amp, add a speedball and call it good.Hibuck...
I'm going old school with a PSAudio DLIII.  Been very happy with it. For me, detail is important, but tonality is most important. Hibuck....
New Crack head here.  Just got mine today and I have to admit, it's better than I expected. I have a number of "decent" amps:  WA2, WA6, Headroom Home and even without much  time to burn in, the Bottlehead doesn't take a backseat to any of them.  This is flat out, the best my Senn HD 600's have ever sounded.  Diana Krall is simply intoxicating. Hibuck....
I used to own the Lyr and currently own the WA2.  I have listened extensively to the HD700's on both and find I have a clear preference for the Woo.  Both drive the cans well and have more than adequate power.  The WA2 is, to my ears, a better match with the HD700, maintaining the wonderful soundstage and adding a bit of liquidity to the sound that helps with the 6k peak in response on the cans. YMMV, Hibuck....  
I've tried tesla's, mullards and telefunken's and prefer the telefunkens.  A bit smoother, with deeper bass. To be fair, none of them sound bad in the WA2, some just a bit better. Hibuck....
Still available Hibuck....
Two sets of headphones: 1.  Koss ESP-950 with carrying case.  Near mint, very low hours, includes amp.        $595 plus shipping, I will cover paypal unless you prefer using 'gift'.   2. As mentioned in my other ad, Sennheiser HD700.  Near mint, box, etc.     $650 plus shipping.  I will cover paypal unless you prefer using 'gift'.   If you desire more pictures, I have only a cell phone camera to use right now.   Sale pending on HD700's...  Senns are...
6AS7G'sHibuck...