Posts by Hibuckhobby

I have a near mint set of HD700's with box etc.  I say near mint because you may be able to find a mark somewhere....I can't.   Price is firm and includes shipping.  Buyer pays paypal fees unless it is sent as a gift.   For trade, will consider very clean Denon D7000 or Lawton D5000 Lite. I can take cell phone pics if I must (I think we all know what these look like) and if you are serious, send me a PM with your email address. regards, Hibuck....
Just got a pair of RCA 6SA7-G vintage 1939. While they are very smooth, they are quite extended at both ends and are dead silent. the WA2 seems to like them a lot. Hibuck...
Only 150 pages left to go (pant, gasp) and then I'll have read the entire  thread.   It's going to seem weird not reading over 100 posts per day. Now I'll just be listening instead of "multi-tasking".  Hibuck...
Very nice Binot....you guys are slowly drawing me towards the "owners of black woo" group.  Still...do love my WA6 and WA2...both silver. HIbuck...
I'm just still playing "catch-up" as I wade through past posts.  Enjoy my WA6 and WA2 immensely!  Still watching for a good deal on some better power tubes for the 2.  I have Sylvania and GE 6080's...but all this talk about 5998's has me scouring that auction site.   Still burning in my HD700's and wonder if I might end up moving to the HD800?  The D7000's  are ever so slightly bass heavy, but there's something about their overall tonality that keeps bringing...
I must have missed something...I did say I wanted in. Oh well... Hibuck...
I've had both and the hd700's are the ones I kept. Since then I bought a Woo WA2 amp that IMO takes the 700 up a level. Hibuck....
Schiitt Lyr in good condition with some extra tubes to get you started: 1.  two pair of Voshkod "Rockets" with low hours 2.  one pair of NOS Lorenz tubes 3.  several pair of various russian tubes some used, some new. 4.  one well used pair of Amperex    The voshkods sound very good to me as do the Lorenz...although they (Lorenz) are a more forward sounding tube.  Just barely broken in...purchased from Tube Monger. I sold all my ortho's and just don't need...
Love this WA2! Using telefunken rectifiers, JAN 6080's and switching between Mullard 2492's and sylvania 6922's for drivers. Great with hd650's and hd700's. Much to learn about these combo's...great depth on "Joshua judges Ruth" by Lyle Lovett. Gonna be a fun trip. Hibuck....
Woo woo WA2...it arrived safe and sound. I let it warm up and am getting familiar with some of the tubes I got...listening to Anne Bisson singing September in Montreal right now. Hibuck...