Posts by Hibuckhobby

I used to own the Lyr and currently own the WA2.  I have listened extensively to the HD700's on both and find I have a clear preference for the Woo.  Both drive the cans well and have more than adequate power.  The WA2 is, to my ears, a better match with the HD700, maintaining the wonderful soundstage and adding a bit of liquidity to the sound that helps with the 6k peak in response on the cans. YMMV, Hibuck....  
I've tried tesla's, mullards and telefunken's and prefer the telefunkens.  A bit smoother, with deeper bass. To be fair, none of them sound bad in the WA2, some just a bit better. Hibuck....
Still available Hibuck....
Two sets of headphones: 1.  Koss ESP-950 with carrying case.  Near mint, very low hours, includes amp.        $595 plus shipping, I will cover paypal unless you prefer using 'gift'.   2. As mentioned in my other ad, Sennheiser HD700.  Near mint, box, etc.     $650 plus shipping.  I will cover paypal unless you prefer using 'gift'.   If you desire more pictures, I have only a cell phone camera to use right now.   Sale pending on HD700's...  Senns are...
6AS7G'sHibuck...
PM sent Hibuck...
Loving those 1939 vintage RCA's in the WA2! "War's greatest hits" gotta love the layers of percussion on the HD700's. Now it's Sly and the family stone. Hibuck...
And here we have the 'weekend bump'. Hibuck....
Live just up the road north of Rockford.  No problem with the meeting up. The only camera I can use right now is in my cell phone, so it would be quite a bit easier to send the pics to your email address.  PM me and we'll work it out. Hibuck....  
OK fellow woosies...and "opinion poll/check".  What do you think the chances would be of someone trading a WA6SE for my WA2? Love the way tthe 2 sounds, but am looking for the versatility of the 6 SE.  Or is this just a bad idea from the start? tnx, Hibuck....