Posts by Hibuckhobby

Just as title line says.  Very good condition.  I am original owner and can't find any scuffs/scratches, but prudence demands that I not say "mint" because someone would find something then for sure.  They are about 6 mo. old with a couple hundred hours on them.   No original box or paper work.  I will take pics with my cell for serious inquiries (just PM me with your email address).   I accept postal money order and paypal...and of course cash .   Just too many...
May consider parting with y hd598;   Great phones, but little use with a pair or hd650's lying aboutl with great image specificity tends to give them less use.  More neutrao than the 650 and stronger highs. It's crying out for a decent had amp.  I find my Old SKool  Headamp and theiy are have great synergy. Great headphone, just a little low in the food chain given what I''ve been selecting lately. $150.00 and I'll pick up the shipping cost above ten buck....
Love those ASL amps.  Mine has closely matched E-84's and a nos 5751 with windmill getter. Hibuck....  
The bass on the 598 isn't "bumpin" bass, but it's tight, fast and depending on the amp, reasonably full. As long as you use a modicum of restraint, turn up the bass on the fiio a bit and you'll be surprised. Hibuck...
Noted.  My point...which I stand by, is that for an amp and headphone combo, you can get close enough to "the best" (which is in and of itself an ideal for one person...the reviewer) with  5k that you are well past the point of diminishing returns.   In home audio...you have to spend much more to be at that point.  I've been there  and done that.  How do "I" define that point?  By going to Hi-end stores, listening to the "statement" systems and comparing them...
As long as people hold onto the idea that newer is always better and that the wonderful, near euphoric experience they are seeking "may" be found in that new product, the end game will be a concept rather than a reality.  I've been in the audio game for 45 years and even now...find myself wondering if I could reach that elusive next level if I bought  something new.  I at times wonder if the words "better" and "different" shouldn't be used interchangeably...
After two "not so good" experiences with mp4nation, I gave up trying to buy a pair. I was part of the pre-order discount group, but after the deadline had been missed by over a month, I started trying to contact them.  They answered my emails and chat requests until I asked for a refund and then they broke off contact.  Since I was nearing the deadline to file a claim, I asked paypal for a refund.  I got it in 3 days.   Couple of weeks later, I got a notice...
Anytime is good time...but, in the morning while I'm drinking my french roast and surfing Head-fi ranks right up there. Hibuck....
I have 650's and 598's and a variety of headroom amps (I'm becoming a bit of a fan boy for Headroom) and can speak to the "can others hear me) issue.  It simply hasn't been an issue for me.  I don't listen to metal at skullcrushing volume, but at  what are normal levels for me with a variety of music, the level of leakage into the room is pretty low.   I've listened to some far more expensive cans and haven't yet heard one that has wooed me enough to buy....
Mine sound decent on my laptop....but really stage up with my Headroom Supreme amp. It really gives punch to the bass and opens up the sounstage.