Posts by Hibuckhobby

I own both and the 650 has a warmer, fuller bass than the 598, but depending on the amp, you can get pretty good bass out of the 598.   I'm using a Headroom Supreme and with just a dab of eq (about 1.2 db from 30 to 100hz)  they do a nice job. Hibuck...
I'd drive over from North of Rockford as long as it's a Saturday meet. Hibuck..
I would come up to Mad town for a get together. Hibuck...
I use mine in the office with a Headroom Total Airhead. I use a little eq in Songbird and love the combo!
weekend bump. Awaiting payment on AKG, Member said he'd take fostex, but no money, no reply for 5 days...so I'm going to count them as still for sale.
1.   Fostex T50RP. near new, about 50 hours use.   $70 2.   Fischer FA-011 dark wood, good cond.  $90 3.   AKG 240 vintage studio 600 ohms...$45   All work just as they should, have boxes for Fostex and Fischer. I will split shipping, I will cover paypal fees. Pics for serious inquiries. Hibuck...  both AKG's and Fostex are sold pending receipt of payment. Fischer still available.   
Depends on the music. A little in the midrange or up around 10k Hibuck..
It seems my wallet is threatened evey time I come to this site :) Hibuck...
+1 on the Total Airhead.   I also have a vintage Headroom Supreme that sounds wonderful with the HD650's  and has more drive than I'll ever need.  Lot's of slam and bass weight. Hibuck....
  I'm in the minority that sent mine back.  After about 100 hrs. it smoothed out, but was still etched and lean sounding to my ears and on my phones.   No question that it is very transparent, but I didn't want to go past the 15 days "hoping" the sound would change more.  Mine never got very warm...the whole: "i couldn't hardly touch it" experience never happened to me. Hibuck....