or Connect

Posts by Hibuckhobby

Headphones first:   Senn. HD650, good, but not great shape.  Has typical HD650 paint chipping on edge of headband.Pads are good and cans work perfectly.  Includes a 15ft Cardas cable. Amp:  Bottlehead Crack in very good condition.  I am the only owner, buying it from a builder here on Head-Fi.  Never aproblem or an untoward sound.   Includes original Conn or Baldwin labled driver plus an RCA cleartop.  The bigbonus here is in the final tube(s).  I will include a...
Very good condition.  No flaws or problems.  I am the second owner, having recieved them right after a full refurb at Koss, so drivers, pads, etc. are all about one year old.  I have the original leather tote bag and the two section headphone cable.   No trades at this time. Pictures to serious buyers, price is low and firm.   Buyer pays paypal and shipping in USA. Please PM with any questions.  Includes Koss energizer/amp for the ESP950. regards, Hibuck...
I recently purchased a used Decware CSP2+ preamp/headphone amp and also bought some cable terminations for the headphone end on my HD700's from Norne.   While the CSP2+ with a nice 5Y3wgt rectifier sounded really nice (better than my Crack that I had been using with some pretty expensive tubes), when I took off the stock cable and put one made of Canare cabling on the 700's everything clicked!   The Canare is a bit warmer sounding wire than the stock cables, which...
I guess I am fortunate.  I've never had my 950's squeal or make any other untoward noises.  They don't fit tightly, but by the same time, I'm usually seated when wearing them, so they have never fallen off either.  When I first got them, I was disappointed.  I was used to Senn 650's with amp that utilized crossfeed and that emphasized the midbass and lower midrange of the Senns.    Over time I also bought a pair of HE500's and LCD-2's that I drive with a Decware Taboo II...
1.  Audeze LCD 2.2  specifically when driven by DecWare Taboo II 2.  Koss ESP 950...fast, smooth a bit lacking in slam. 3.  HifiMan HE500... driven by DecWare or Headroom Home with built in DAC.  Not as comfortable, but still sound good. 4.  Senn. HD700/HD650...each have their strengths.  HD650's on Bottlehead Crack.  HD700's were higher on the Woo WA2 5.  Denon 7100...good for listening to movies at night.  Strong bass, comfortable pads 6.  Grado 225i....punchy,...
the HD700 has a peak at about 8k that you either like or you don't.  Comfort is excellent and the bass response is far ahead of the HD598,  Soundstage is wider and deeper with better placement within the soundstage.   It is more revealing than the 598, but also scales up far better when you improve amplification. My pair sounds good with the Bottlehead Crack and the Headroom Home amp/dac.  It sounds even better with the Decware Taboo 2 or the CSP2. Hibuck....
Interestingly, I have never (yet) had a problem with my set.  While it may be looming on the horizon, I'm just enjoying the time I have. Hibuck..
I had some reservations about how the HD700 would sound with the Crack, but with a 12BH7 driver and a Chatham 2399 it sounds wonderful! Layered, huge soundstage and very little brightness even with Anne Sophie Mutter on violin. Hibuck...
Swap driver tube. If problem persists look for cold solder joint or burnt resistor. Go to bottleheadSite...lots of knowlegable people there.Hibuck....
Thanks for tips!  I've been rolling some 12AT7's in and tried a Valve Art 274b. The 5U4 that was in it is a better mix to my ears.  The VA was very neutral, but a bit light in the bass/midbass.  Been thinking about trying some El84's, but wondering how much I'd miss the "hazengrid" if I took out the Russian tubes. I find that I'm hearing some layering and staging cues that I haven't heard before. I like the Taboo a lot and find it a very nice companion to my Koss...