or Connect

Posts by Hibuckhobby

I'm on my second pair of HD700's and am waiting to get back home (working out of town) to roll some tubes on my Bottlehead Crack with it.  My first one sounded great with a Woo WA2 and NOS RCA power tubes. One of the most comfortable cans I've owned, right up there with the Beyer 880's and 990's.  Will be interesting to see how I like the 700's this time around.  I am also on my second pair of Koss 950 esl's and hated them the first time, love them...
I posted this in the forum, but decided to add it to this thread, since questions about bass performance and sound quality have been raised.   I just took the plunge and bought a Decware Taboo that should be here next week. The pending new kid on the block made me think about who might have to go down the road, so I pulled out the HE500's with canare cabling and hooked my Boulder Audio modded Squeezebox Touch directly to the amps with some short AQ...
I just took the plunge and bought a Decware Taboo that should be here next week. The pending new kid on the block made me think about who might have to go down the road, so I pulled out the HE500's with canare cabling and hooked my Boulder Audio modded Squeezebox Touch directly to the amps with some short AQ interconnects.   Not much of a headbanger, so I listened first to Eric Claption and BB King "Riding with the King" It's not the most revealing setup, but has the...
I have both and I would say it depends to a point on the tubes in the Lyr. The H10 is certainly quieter and I like the volume/gain  control options with the dip switches.  Part of the difference too is the "smoothness" of Class A vs. a hybrid output on the lyr.  Both have ample output power to run any of my dynamics or planars. Hibuck...
The greatest problems with reviews and forums is that they use their ears and not yours.  I like bass weight and texture, some like a rather lean, taut signature.  I'm very sensitive to a somewhat dry, analytical sound and others call that neutral.  Cans that feel like they are inserting ice picks into my ears are just what others seems to want.  Point being, it's really hard to predict what someone else will like.  Even after a couple hundred hours, I feel like my H10...
Having owned (and loved) the Denon 7k I can tell you that the 950's sound signature is far different.  More detail and transparency, less bass impact. Hibuck...
Everyone is probably aware of this, but as someone who has damaged his hearing (loud pipes on my Harleys) I can tell you that extended listening even at 100db is like playing russian roulette with aural nerve damage. 115 db is just silly.  In about 10-15 min. the damage is done...and irreversable.   my .02, Hibuck....
Looking forward to seeing the finished product!  My 700's are at home connected to my BH Crack. Can't wait to move back there (on a short term job) and get reacquainted. Hibuck....
At the end of the day, this whole discussion is rather pointless.  First of all, the opinions of those who a part of the Gustard thread likely reflects very little about whether or not the product will succeed in the world marketplace.  The idea that one likes or does not like a name borders on silly.  For those "new" to the market, very few components of Chinese manufacture are well known in the first place.  Among audio snobs (they know who they are) the fact that it...
The bass that I am hearing is deep and taut, but not in any way exaggerated.  This is an amp that is on the warm side of neutral, but isnot in any way "bass heavy".  I have bass heavy cans and those that are not and the H10 clearly shows them for what they are.  IMO, whatit does is establish a firm grip on the drivers in the bass region.   If you turn it off, it does take a few minutes for the sound to come back up to speed...but I'm used to tubes amps, so this seems...