Posts by Hibuckhobby

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!  My 700's are at home connected to my BH Crack. Can't wait to move back there (on a short term job) and get reacquainted. Hibuck....
At the end of the day, this whole discussion is rather pointless.  First of all, the opinions of those who a part of the Gustard thread likely reflects very little about whether or not the product will succeed in the world marketplace.  The idea that one likes or does not like a name borders on silly.  For those "new" to the market, very few components of Chinese manufacture are well known in the first place.  Among audio snobs (they know who they are) the fact that it...
The bass that I am hearing is deep and taut, but not in any way exaggerated.  This is an amp that is on the warm side of neutral, but isnot in any way "bass heavy".  I have bass heavy cans and those that are not and the H10 clearly shows them for what they are.  IMO, whatit does is establish a firm grip on the drivers in the bass region.   If you turn it off, it does take a few minutes for the sound to come back up to speed...but I'm used to tubes amps, so this seems...
I have about 80 hours on my H10 right now and with HE500's listening to Nils Lofgren's Acoustic Live I can't believe how good it sounds.  Clear without being analytical, warmwithout being syrupy and great bass/transient response.  I've been in the audio game for 45 years, so it's not my first rodeo, but my jaw is hanging open.Hibuck....
As one who has recently purchased an H10, I think you would be pleased.  Be aware however, the stories of significant change during "burn in" have been my experience as well.  What's more, it is a revealing amplifier, which means that music that sounded "good" on previous setups may or may not sound good here.  The H10 will reveal poor recordings and thin music will sound thin.  I'm very sensitive to as you put it "screeching mids and highs" as well and while this...
Listening to my H10 right now and loving it!  I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a X10 DAC?   I'm watching the massdrop on the X12 right now, but not sure it's a big step up. regards, Hibuck....
Thanks for the response.  Actually, I was wondering about two switches thrown on each side. I'm currently running +6 mostly because there is no "0"  dip switch...although as I think about it, it may well be that all down=0.   In any case, the burn-in is coming along well.   Listened to some Wynton Maralis and Willie Nelson "Two men with the blues" this morning after 24 hours of burn in and on my HE500's it sounds wonderful. regards, Hibuck....
Wow, tough group to break into.    Let me rephrase about the dip switches... did anyone get a users manual with their amp that talks about more than one dip switch being thrown at a time?    Are they cumulative in nature? regards, Hibuck....
Just picked up another amp...a Gustard H10 and I love the way it sounds with the 650's.  The power and high damping factor really gets a grip on the bass.  I still prefer the mids via my Bottlehead Crack, but in terms of highs and soundstage, the Gustard wins out.  When I compare my HE500's via the Lyr and the Gustard, the Lyr has a bit more warmth in the midrange, but a bit less transparency.   I have been around high end audio for 45 years or more and just don't...
Question for those of you with more H10 experience.  Mine is inline and burning in.  Initial impressions are good. I'm currently running +6 on the gain for my HD650's and HE500's with plenty of gain.  Question is...what happens if you flip two dips at once...such as the +6 and -6?   Do you then get zero gain?   Love the bass control on this amp BTW. My Lyr is in trouble in that regard. best, Hibuck...