Posts by Hibuckhobby

Just moved back into our home, so pics will have to follow.Will send cell pics to serious buyers.   Black Woo WA6 in very good/near mint condition with a variety of both rectifiers and drive tubes.  Have original box and shipping materials.  Works perfectly, just have too many tube amps and something has to go.   $500 firm, no trades (other than a really nice pair of T1's)  Buyer pays  shipping, I will cover Paypal. regards, Hibuck...
Same is true for Jennifer Warnes  "The Hunter" or "Famous Blue Raincoat". regards, Hibuck....
Not a gamer....sorry.  It would stand to reasons that differences heard on music would also be audible on soundtracks for games as long as they are well done. regards, Hibuck...
Old thread...but, your bet is safe. He Crack is a very nice amp. Fun and winsome The CSP2+ will show it the way home every time. Regards, Hibuck...
I own both. Clearly a family resemblance with 700 being a bit warmer and more midbass. Soundstage and comfort is good on both...just better on 800. 700 works a bit better on good SSamps, both are amazing on my Decware CSP-2+. Regards, Hibuck...
Just an update to keep the thread alive.  I just got a late model pair of HD-800's.   I am stunned by the synergy between the CSP-2+ and these cans.  The rectifier used makes a pretty big difference, but the Mullard GZ3 I'm using is wonderful.   Works well with my HD-700's as well.   May end up selling my WA-6 and a bunch of tubes. regards, Hibuck...
I have both and the HD800 "is" better IMO, but that is not to slight the 700 in any way. For me...the Decware CSP2+ is a perfect match to these two headphones.  I am sensitive to harshness/shrillness (strange at my age) and I find that this amp does wonders without losing detail.  Played with the rectifier tube a bit and find the bass to be wonderful on both...with the HD700 having a bit more midbass.   Have tried many cans over the years and each has strengths and...
Just saw your post...moving back into our original home this week.  Yes, I have had a request for pictures.  I asked for an email address to send them to.  First come, first served. Hibuck...
Just bought a set of hd-800's. That will make 3 Senns (650, 700 and 800) a pair of LCD-2's and a pair of Nighthawks. Regards, Hibuck....
Long and short: I suffered a lightning strike and ensuing fire in my home that resulted In the loss of nearly all of my headphone, home audio and home theater equipment. I was working out of town and had some gear with me, but insurance isn't beginning to cover the loss of what was still in my home. So...selling a few pieces to put together the funds to replace my Decware amps that were Declared non-salvageable. Prices firm. Buyer pays shipping, I will cover Paypal. ...