or Connect

Posts by Hibuckhobby

Interestingly, I have never (yet) had a problem with my set.  While it may be looming on the horizon, I'm just enjoying the time I have. Hibuck..
I had some reservations about how the HD700 would sound with the Crack, but with a 12BH7 driver and a Chatham 2399 it sounds wonderful! Layered, huge soundstage and very little brightness even with Anne Sophie Mutter on violin. Hibuck...
Swap driver tube. If problem persists look for cold solder joint or burnt resistor. Go to bottleheadSite...lots of knowlegable people there.Hibuck....
Thanks for tips!  I've been rolling some 12AT7's in and tried a Valve Art 274b. The 5U4 that was in it is a better mix to my ears.  The VA was very neutral, but a bit light in the bass/midbass.  Been thinking about trying some El84's, but wondering how much I'd miss the "hazengrid" if I took out the Russian tubes. I find that I'm hearing some layering and staging cues that I haven't heard before. I like the Taboo a lot and find it a very nice companion to my Koss...
Than other addictions as well! Hibuck.....
Thus my screen name:)
I think the consensus was that the Taboo II put out about 2.3w into 50 ohms.  That may be right on the edge for a HE-6, but the type of music and volume at which you listen is going to be a deciding factor.  I'm running HE-500's with mine and power is not an issue. I may get a 12AT7 or 5751 driver at some point for more gain on the front end, but that's more an issue of curiosity on my part than it is need. Hibuck....
Both amps are sold pending arrival of funds. regards, Hibuck....
I have a clean Lyr with three sets of tubes for sale.  One original set of GE's, one NOS GE's and one NOS RCA's. Comes with factory box and power cable.   $250   buyer pays paypal and I will cover shipping in US.   I also have a very clean Gustard H10.   I've only had it a few months and frankly did not plan on selling, but recently bought a Decware Taboo and I'm hooked.   Since I'm working away from home, I don't need 3 amps, so these are for sale.  Comes with cord...
Good question. RCA black plate 12au7, stock russian power tubes. RCA 5u4g rectifier. Just put in a Valve Art 274b, still burning in. A bit bass light right now compared to the RCA, I think I preferred the more euphonic sound But want to give the 274b a chance. Also going to try a 5751 or 12at7 driver. Regards, Hibuck...