or Connect

Posts by Hibuckhobby

Everyones taste is different. I prefer my Decware CSP2+ over any of the solid state stuff I have. Regards, Hibuck....
Can be silver or black. Must be in good condition and have a full set of tubes. PM me with whatcha got. Regards, Hibuck
Demonstrating once again that tastes, preferences and perceptions differ.  I have an H-10...my second one I might add and I've owned an Asgard and two iterations of the Lyr that I did a fair share of tube rolling in.  I strongly prefer the H-10 to any of the other 3.  Actually, the amp I have that is most similar to it is a Burson.   Head-fi is an area where strong views and stronger feelings exist.  One mans "night and day difference" is another mans "barely worth...
Hmmm. I have a Soloist SL and a H10. With same source on my AQ Nighthawks, The sound is warmer and fuller on the Gustard. Hibuck...
Back on board the Gustard boat.   Sold my first H10 a year ago and just bought another used.  It pairs very well (to these old, but experienced ears) with the AQ Nighthawk.   I also have a Burson that will soon go up for sale because the slight midrange warmth of the H10 is very synergistic in bringing the mids on the Nighthawks forward a touch.   Bass is stronger on the H10 although possibly not as taut.  Still, I like a little roundness in the bottom end, so it...
While I realize it's a matter of personal taste, I vastly prefer the HD700 with tubes.   It sounds "good" with my Bottlehead Crack, but it's impedance is just a touch low at 150 ohms.  Not a deal breaker, but noticable.  My DecWare CSP2+ on the other hand is simply magical.   I've also used them with a Woo WA2 with good results. YMMV, Hibuck...
As they age tube "can" get noisy, lose gain, change sonic signature and/or short internally. If the latter occurs, associated parts can fail as well.
Whenever the amp is on, it is putting hours on the tube(s). A tube with about 5000 hour lifespane will last less than a year if left on. YMMV, Hibuck...
Very good condition, quality build and a 5998 final plus a Chatham 2399. Baldwin or Conn labled 12AX7 driver plus a 12BH7 driver. Base never stained. Price firm. Buyer pays shipping, I will cover Paypal. Hibuck...
Yes, this includes the Koss energizer...ad edited. regards, Hibuck...