Posts by Thraex

Check post #1, #79, #80 and #88 in this thread for the Unitek USB cable Hub and choose the one with the right connector for your equipment, any USB charger will work if not broken, as I already wrote I've used Tekkeon brand.
I'm really interested in your experiments, especially using iOS devices since this thread is dedicated to iPhone/iPad, even considering microSD cards is not a pratical solution with a big library like mine (nearly 2TB and growing...).   I have no problems to wi-fi stream DoP ALAC, I just need one more conversion from DoP FLAC (not a native iOS audio format) to make everything work smoothly, but if there's a solution for one less passage it's even better.   Even one...
I must add that some servers, like Seagate's GFS, doesn't allow to choose "Track N" order. Here you'll get alphabetical order if you browse by Genere but if you browse by Artist or Album all is sorted by track N. If like me you've already divided music into folders you can browser "Folders" and have again track N order.
I don't know why you have problems with 8player, mine is working fine with ALAC 24/192 (some buffering and slower loading is natural) and DSD64 (in DoP ALAC).Maybe check or change the music player settings inside 8player?I have "Music Player" set to "Native Formats Player" and "Default iOS". This way mine is fine. Which converter you use for ALAC? In my experience not any software is the same, I use dbpoweramp. Try to use it or another software to convert to ALAC and check...
8player is able to play DSF files without any conversion using JRiver MC19 with DSD bitstream enabled on the server settings. Using Seagate GFS stock wi-fi server it doesn't works with the same DSFs, to play DSD I need to convert DSF to DoP ALAC since even DoP FLAC isn't working.
Me too with FLAC I've had always problems streaming to iPad, even if the file plays with 8player the USB DAC isn't able to display the correct frequency, it sticks with first freq received and then never change since next session. With ALAC never a problem. Thanks again for sharing this too, in my case I keep Foobar just for the conversion to DoP FLAC since I've tried to convert to DoP ALAC directly in Foobar, but with FFMPEG it doesn't work, so for now I use...
Thank you very much!Since I have Windows 7 I can't use Sonore but the Foobar foo_input_packeddsd.dll component + FLAC Frontend as described in the link above works perfectly converting DSD to DoP FLAC files.Just add one more stage and convert that FLAC to ALAC and you've DoP ALAC!Tested wi-fi streaming DoP ALAC from GoFlex Satellite to iPad>LtUSBCA>iFi Nano iDSD. The problem now is using Foobar as a player, since no files are playable anymore leaving other settings as...
Great! Thanks for linking some good stuff, but I'd like an easy guide to use the GoFlex Satellite for DSD streaming to iOS. Could you help? Do you know any battery powered portable wireless server which is DoPE compliant and could stream DSD out of the box?
Since I'm Celadus in Computer Audiophile forum and have not seen much interest there at the time, I've updated infos only here lately and that thread is much more obsolete than this.Now I've some good news and I've updated the title and OP (1st post) for DSD to iOS streaming, it's not polished since a lot of infos are obsolete, I'll do better next time when I'll check some more interesting things.  BIT-PERFECT DSD STREAMING TO iOS (using a DoPE server) If you have a...
Asset UPnP is Windows only, but MinimServer is OK only to transcode FLAC to WAV, I've had problems its FLAC to WAV24 (which upsample to 24 bit 16 bit files) feature. And generally if you stream to iOS ALAC is as a proprietary implementation as is WAV, no need to tax a wi-fi stream with a bigger WAV or even worst WAV24 and finally you always need more space to store WAVs without a single advantage. Convert to ALAC it's easy and relative fast.   Regarding iDSD I've found...