Posts by Thraex

That translation from japanese!... PLEASE 8) I doubt 8player streams 24bit FLACs or DoP FLACs bit-perfectly, in my experience with different DACs it plays those but I guess downconverted to 16bit at 44 or 48khz dunno for sure since it seems 8player doesn't recognize the FLAC frequency: it sticks with the first file freq received in FLAC and then does not change even if you feed different files samples or format, you need to reconnect the DAC to have only the first file...
From what I've learned here http://dsd-guide.com/dop-open-standardUSB audio standard 2.0 can only allow to transfer DSD in PCM frames (inside FLAC or ALAC for example), but the hardware vendor could develop a specific USB ASIO driver which supports both PCM and native DSD.So, using USB: DSD in DoP format without a specific ASIO driver or also native DSD but only with ASIO.Apple OS only allow a PCM path (even if some software ASIO MAC is avaiable, it's generally not...
 With the Oppo BDP-105D I must disable DoPE in JRiver (and disable HDMI and other options in the player) and stream native DSD64 over ethernet.With the iFi Nano iDSD I need to enable DoPE in JRiver, but that's still DSD transferred in PCM frames, not a standard PCM file which do not contain DSD at all.So it depends on the DAC used, but the files are always the same DSFs and DSD streamed should be the same. I don't have problems too streaming large files to iPad/iPhone...
Hi,I've tested and use everyday JRiver MC 19 and 8player is receiving DSF files and feed the USB DSD DAC (iFi Nano iDSD in my case) with DSF perfectly and without converting to PCM (a blue light lits to show it's receiving DSD).If I enable conversion on-the-fly from DSD to PCM, 8player will receive the PCM and another color will be displayed accordingly to the freq selected for the conversion.And if I don't check the right options (instructions below) I'll get white...
Thanks for the reply, but since I'm the author of the guide in the OP which I update when new discoveries are found I already know all of your instructions. I guess that you don't know that 8player works also with DSF files with a server like JRiver MC 19, I used it at home to stream DSF files from my notebook to iPad>iFi Nano iDSD on the sofa... bit-perfect DSD with no conversion at all. I'm also interested to know what hackseagatesatellite firmware bring to table for...
VERY interested to know how to stream DSF from Seagate Wireless Plus to ipad/iphone.Could you please post step by step instructions?Can we finally stop converting to DoP ALAC and keep two DSD library (DSF and DoP ALAC)?
Hi, could you translate it in english for all of us?Please...Thanks
Very interesting, but I can't translate from japan very well.... so it's difficult to understand exactly the needed passages.Could someone help to post english step-by-step instructions to tweak Twonky for streaming DSD off Seagate Wireless Plus? Thanks
Check post #1, #79, #80 and #88 in this thread for the Unitek USB cable Hub and choose the one with the right connector for your equipment, any USB charger will work if not broken, as I already wrote I've used Tekkeon brand.
I'm really interested in your experiments, especially using iOS devices since this thread is dedicated to iPhone/iPad, even considering microSD cards is not a pratical solution with a big library like mine (nearly 2TB and growing...).   I have no problems to wi-fi stream DoP ALAC, I just need one more conversion from DoP FLAC (not a native iOS audio format) to make everything work smoothly, but if there's a solution for one less passage it's even better.   Even one...