or Connect

Posts by speeddeacon

I own the same cans and would definitely pick these up at this price. He is also a trusted trader.
I've collected a few extra DACs so I'm clearing out my stash. I am the original owner of the Emotiva XDA-2 Generation 1, purchasing it directly from Emotiva of course around 4 years ago. It is original and has not had the Gen. II modifications to the original the USB because I used the optical input from a Sonos for my second headphone rig. Conservatively rated at 7/10 due to age. I have the original remote but not original boxes. $159 price is plus shipping. I'll eat...
Clearing out some DACs that I'm no longer using. I am the original owner of this PS Audio PerfectWave DAC, purchasing it from an authorized dealer in 2012. I have upgraded it to the Mk. II version and it currently has firmware 2.6.3 installed. It is in as new condition so would rate it 9/10 for age. I have all original boxes, remote, manual, etc. There is NO BRIDGE included in the offering. Color is Black. Plastic protecting top has never been removed. Remember, the...
I have several DACs that I don't need anymore so am offering them up for sale. See my other postings for the other DACs. This ad is for a PS Audio NuWave DAC and is the non-DSD version. I purchased this from a dealer who had taken it in on trade in 2014. It has been used in my office and has seen very little usage. It is in fantastic condition. I'll rate it at 9/10 due to age. I have original boxes. Color is Black. I have some photos if you would like them, just PM me...
PM sent!
Came across a good deal on a used NuWave DAC so that's the route I've taken.  I'll play the waiting game for the DirectStream to come down in price in a year or two, as it inevitably will.  That will also give plenty of time to see if it is the panacea for digital files after all.  Thanks for all the insight .
Wow, no responses yet.  I'm surprised.  My decision has gotten a little foggier with the upcoming release of the PS Audio DirectStream upgrade for my PWD.  Now I'm rethinking moving my headphone set up in order to upgrade to the DirectStream in stead of purchasing another new DAC.
I am contemplating relocating my headphone rig away from my listening room and into the main living room of my house.  I listen through my headphones primarily at night or early morning when the wife is sleeping and am thinking it would be nice to have it more conveniently located.  This will, however, necessitate purchasing an additional DAC (darn shame) and I covet experienced ears opinions’ regarding the DACs I’m considering.   I am considering three DACs, and yes I...
Sounds good sleepwalker.  I am actually doing pretty much just that by using a QNAP 469 Pro NAS in a RAID10 configuration and a PS Audio PWD Mk. II with Bridge.  All of them are wired through Trendnet TPL-402e 500mbs Powerline LAN adapters since my house didn't come wired with CATx.  I'm using eLyric on an old netbook as my music manager and my iPad/Pod to control it.  Before I went with the powerline adapters, my wifi wasn't working well (slow, dropouts, etc.), even with...
I agree with DaveBSC.  The Auraliti is essentially a dedicated media computer (running Linux) that allows an external drive with the stored media to serve the files to a DAC via USB.  With all other functions removed, it is simply an optimized music server.  At just under $800, plus the cost of an external drive, it is about as cheap as a MacMini or PC that must be optimized.  It does require some sort of controller, such as a tablet with a third party app to view and...