Posts by whitedragon551

Absolutely not. A USB cable is a USB cable. There are standards for a reason. As long as it is compliant with standards you will be fine.
Sweet. You had a good experience. The OP didnt. This post is irrelevant and doesnt negate the fact that they dropped the ball twice so far on this order.
Wish this would have been up before the PAA1 Pro's.
Got mine today. And listened quickly as I was walking out to meet my dad to help move and these sound great initially. Full review to come in the next weeks.  
Id look into the Shure SRH750DJ's. That was my first pair and they were used at college. I got into headfi after spending all day Saturday and Sunday in a cafe from open to close during capstone projects and these did the trick for me. I could drowned everyone out if I chose to do so. I could swivel 1 cup down and work with a partner on a project if I needed to. They are fold up nicely. They have a replaceable cable if you have an accident and need to change them out. I...
Gorilla Ears AT-2B or AT-3B. The B denotes a bass version. The 3B is about $100 out of your price range, but may be worth looking into if you can stretch your budget a little.
You can check out the Gorilla Ears AT3's. They come in at $649. After impressions and shipping your sitting somewhere very close to $700.  
  http://www.pc-babble.com/994/gorilla-ears-at5-custom-in-ear-monitor-review/
Gorilla Ears AT5's  
  You can never under power a speaker and blow it from underpowering it alone. If you set your gains, EQ's, etc. right and listen to it at the proper level its impossible to damage a speaker from underpowering. Its a fact of all speaker designs.   Clipping is caused by more than just user error. It can be inherent in the music (thanks to todays crappy artists), improper gain settings, improper EQ settings, bass boost just to name a few.