or Connect

Posts by whitedragon551

Bought some AKG K612Pros'
I got a set of AKG K612Pros today and noticed one side was quieter than the other.   I looked at the ear pads and noticed the center of the speakers looked off center so I took the pads off. Found one of the foam pieces was off center so recentered them and all is good.   During this process I noticed one of the drivers has a dimple in the surround about 1/8 of an inch wide. Will this affect anything? Should I exchange them? They were purchased direct from AKG.
Im leaning to the AKG K612Pros as I like the looks and have wanted to try some AKG stuff. How does the 612 stack up against the HE400S? I havent been able to find anything on this comparison.
So far it seems like almost everyone prefers the K612Pro in this price range.
627 pages is a little much to read.
Looking for open back headphones along the lines of AKG K612Pro, HifI HE-400S, Grado SR225E, etc. Trying to keep it under $200, but will spend for the right set of phones. I want only unmodded, mint condition equipment.
How does the Beyer DT880 stack up with the rest?
 Ok why? How do they stack up against what has already been mentioned?
Whats the difference between the AKG K612 and 612Pro? Ive always wanted to try some AKG's out.
Wish I had the cash on hand to snag these, I have been wanting a pair. If you change your mind on trades let me know.