Posts by whitedragon551

If you traded for some that came from LendMeUrEars its possible you got shafted with a faulty product. There is a thread floating around about them right now and their warranty practices being shady.   The I3CS is a very clear IEM although not as clear as the Ety's. You have to remember the Ety's vs the I3CS are not after the same sound signature. The Ety's are meant to sound crystal clear and basically lack in everything else. They have no low end extension, where as the...
Every company started out never being heard of. The Janus Group, who owns Gorilla Ears, has been around for 10 years and has multiple patents. They have more claim to fame than alot of the CIEM companies that everyone mentions. Thats why I got a set. The finish on them is just as good or better than any CIEM Ive seen pictures for. Ive worked with the president of the company on a personal basis and he is very quick to respond and knowledgeable about the entire process.
Gorilla Ears is also US based. Out of North Carolina I believe. I have the AT5's and love them. Im working on a review now for them.   With a budget like that you can get the AT3's. 3 premium drivers, case, cleaning cloth and cleaning tool. Leaves you $50 for impressions and shipping and you can stay right around $700.
Here are my recommendations for what Ive heard and like. If a bracket is empty then I have no experience with any IEM's in that price range. I added a 7th bracket.       1st: FocalPrice CK700 2nd: JVC "Marshmallow" HAFX34B 3rd: Brainwavz R1 4th: Etymotic HF2 5th: Dunu Topsound IC3-S 6th: 7th: Gorilla Ears AT5 (CIEMS)
Congrats to all of the other winners.  
Everything is subjective in a sense. Even with camera lens' someones eyes could be better than anothers and thus a certain lens is more clean than another.   Even looking at graphs doesnt indicate exactly how a set of cans will sound. It can be a good indicator, but isnt exact in any sense of the imagination.  
You can not up convert and achieve good results.   Flac is a lossless file format meaning exact bit copy. MP3 is a lossy file format meaning things were removed and is not an exact bit copy. You can not re-add parts that were subtracted. They are gone.   You can not take a lossy format and up convert and get better quality. Thats like taking a 1024x800 image and up converting it to 1600x900. It will be pixelated and be worse than the original copy.  
Company Name: Dunu Topsounds Company Website: http://www.dunu-topsound.com/ Headphone Model: I3C-S Frequency Range: 16Hz-22KHz Headphone Style (Open, Closed, On-Ear, Over-Ear, IEM, CIEM): IEMS Impedance: 10 Ohms Sensitivity: 105db Isolation: 26db Warranty:  1 Year   Describing Sound: http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary Definitions: http://www.head-fi.org/a/glossary-of-terms   Pros: Comes with a lot of accessories, multiple...
You can email Shure the name of the company selling them and they will verify.  
Does that include the cost of the audiologist?   Id look at the Gorilla Ears AT3 for $649.