or Connect

Posts by mikek200

AZynneo,   I don't know ,what your smokin,but I wish I had some.? You's totally out of your mind.   There are rules,or common courtesy, in this forum, for best results try to be fair with other ,head-fiers,in the long run it will benefit you.   Rotsaruck, Mike
Bunny,I have a DAC-19 coming in on Wednesday,if you have time,can you elaborate a bit more on its SQ?..warm,neutral,bright?Does it happened to have,that  semi-vintage sound,similar to what you'd hear on a 80's,or 90's dac?A few years ago,I owned a vintage Theta dac ,that use ed the same dac chips thats in the dac-19,so,I'm very anxious to hear thats SQ again.,Any thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks,Mike
good luck
What did you pay for it?
A few night ago,I took my Cayin C5,and the Fiio x3,and sat out o the patio ,thinking I was for a big disappointment,but to my surprise ,it was excellent.Had a few beer,listened to my portable rig ,and really enjoyed the SQ.One issue,I made the mistake of leaving the bass boost ON ,,not a good idea,with this combo,the bass,was way too strong,some may like that...I don't..This is definitely a portable rig,I would not take on the subway,bus,or into Times Square on a Saturday...
+1 on this.I have always been a firm believer in burn-in,especially with tubes,when I had my Stax rig,and invested large sums of money into Siemens,Lorenz,& Mullard tubes,each had their own personalityCables seem to affect my ears as well,especially ,silver cables.,and I am currently looking into getting a silver cable for my Elears.,definitely will be a bit shorter though.
How can cranking up the sound level to a point ,to where it is dangerous...improve the sound??I just don't get it-Please explain..?
the MA cable is like something you 'd find in a sewing kit
Oops--thanks for the correction/updated price
I'm not in the market for another dac/amp,but if I was,I'd grab this: https://www.audiogon.com/listings/da-converters-chord-mojo-like-new-2016-09-20-digital-08648-lawrenceville-nj Mike