Posts by IEMCrazy

Mobile site?  There's a mobile version of H-F now?  Finally?  Sheesh, if only that were up months ago!
  +0.5.  I'm inclined to agree.  Compared to what I'd been lead to believe I was amazed when I first got HD800 just how engaging and clean they can be.  However, I also can't disagree with above comments in the sense that it's the only headphone I own that I would simply not want to listen to in the absence of EQ.  I don't hold that against the headphone since if you're willing to buy a $1500 headphone, buying an EQ or knowing how to configure your software EQ should not...
  +1, though I've encountered several people here who are using them primarily portable.  I think they're simply insane...but there it is...    They're lighter than the higher end HiFiMans, but they're the exact same body as HE-500, HE5LE, HE-6.  I can't imagine trying to use any of those "portably"...they're easily the largest headphones I own.  Short of Audeze it's hard to conceptualize just how ginormous they really are without holding them     Well, that's more about...
  That's what I've been trying to tell TMRaven for months...he won't believe me!
  Eww, I never noticed that picture issue Slade pointed out....I'm surprised that picture would be up there at all!   The manual itself (or was it the FAQ?) clearly states to put the amp on top and not to cover the vents.  That said, I find the MJ does not run all that hot at all.  It's nothing compared to Lyr which is nothing compared to Asgard, and none of that is much of anything next to an Onkyo AVR with an Anchor Bay video processor....  It gets warm, but definitely...
  I've been enjoying reading your impressions.  It's about time that you finally tried the HD650 again!  You really needed these in your collection, and I had the impression that in the past, your chain was just not doing them the justice they deserve!     I'll add though that of the three sets of HD650 drivers I've heard (other than the old black silk ones), all sounded spot-on-identical to me.  To me it has one of the least manufacturing variance among headphones out...
  For me the headband itself isn't the issue, it's the shape of it in that it tends to apply most of the weight to the top center of the head with nearly no distribution around the sides of the head.  This means there's three points of contact: Around the ears and the top of your skull, and this is what leads to discomfort.  Not so much a lack of padding so much as bad weight distribution.   Thicker padding doesn't really help by a matter of adding padding itself, but...
  You're always stirring trouble around here.....
  Congrats to you as well!
    I was too lazy to double check the spelling on a different page....and didn't want to edit the post afterward