or Connect

Posts by Magick Man

Ordered mine, they look too sexy to pass up.
I have all 3, I don't agree. The 800S is universally more capable, especially with the right amp. (And the HEK is too veiled and "saturated" with certain material.)
I'm not sure I'd say there's as much bass as the LCD-3, but it's not off by much. The thing is, it's so much more precise and layered on the 800S, not to mention the incredible detail and near-flawless tone of the mids and highs. While I do agree that the old 800s have a broader/deeper soundstage, it's close enough that you don't miss the slight loss and it's only apparent when doing direct A>B comparisons. Essentially, Sennheiser has taken what was a very finicky (and...
I'm loving my 800S, they could be the best dynamic dynamic cans I've ever heard. Paired with my Balancing Act, they're a match made in audio Nirvana.
Early impressions. Wow. wow. wow. The HD800S + EC Balancing Act might be one of the best audio experiences I've ever had, right up there with SR-009 + BHSE, but for different reasons. The tonal balance and imagery are simply stunning, as close to perfect as headphones can get. The talk of distortion
Via email Schiit says their LIIST SS "tubes" will work with the Valhalla 1 & 2 (input set). That could be interesting.
Those are great, I grabbed several (they work well in A&K DAPs).
I'd say you'd be missing out on a lot, even a $100 amp like the Objective2 would be more capable than the very cheap HP-outs on today's receivers and IAs.
No, I addressed that a few posts ago. It has too many negative effects; smears the mids into the upper bass.
Yeah, the small screen on the back that has "K7XX" stamped on it. Remove it and take out the small foam pad in there. You can put it back in if you don't like the change, it's an easily reversed mod. It opens them up a little, regardless of what amp you use, but I guess it could scale better with better gear.They're quite easy to drive, for your use case I'd probably recommend something even less expensive, like the O2. These are kind of a "warm" set of cans, a more...