Posts by Magick Man

Umm, thanks guys, I think. I believe we'll just hold on to them, though we did hire security for the garage(s). Walked by one this evening and I was like, "Wow, he has a .40 cal and a 12ga pump". I hate that, but it is what it is.One issue is that manufacturing costs are so high in Aus, all countries with higher than average labor costs are losing their factories (unless the company is firmly based in that country and gets special tax breaks). New cars are much more...
Regarding things I've posted online, this is really the only place I've opened up to any substantial degree. I've even created alternate IDs on other sites just to avoid obnoxious behavior. Due to the near-fanatical quality of moderating here (that's a compliment) I feel more relaxed, so I let more things out, knowing that trolls aren't tolerated.At least the threats were only made against property, and that's why I have over the top security measures. I'd hate to have to...
It takes all kinds. Some people are very, very sensitive to treble, and that can turn them off to the HE-6s, which can sometimes get a little sibilant with some material. The STAX SR-009s are the same way, in fact I consider the HE-6 to be kind of a "baby SR-009" with a slightly rougher edge.
That's gold, Jerry! Liquid Gold!
You mean something like this?
Ebay fees. However, he will come down, if you ask him.
In top trim the Esprit 25th was almost $100k, and in the last year the two sales we have recorded were in the low to mid-50s, and one had more miles than mine, so I'm going to continue with the belief that we got a great deal. LaFerrari update: It's tested, ready, and sitting at the factory, it would be here by now if we weren't waiting for the 458 Speciale. I got a killer price on air freight and they're going to be shipped together on a single two-car flat, then...
The Mecum Harrisburg auction was okay. I did get to buy one car, an Esprit 25th Aniv (I already had a 20th Anniv), a car I've wanted for a while now, so that was great. I didn't expect it to sell so low, @$40k, but the reserve came off and I nearly fell out of my chair. That's a hell of a lot of car for that price, and even though it needs a little TLC, like a gearbox/diff rebuild, it's no big thing. We've grown accustomed to just rebuilding those with every exotic that...
"Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy mother******."