or Connect

Posts by Magick Man

Until you change the emphasis around... and read further. Fact is, as Tyll said, if you don't mind modding and EQing, the HD800 still has plenty of appeal. However, I heartily agree with his decision to knock the old HD800 off the WoF, and for the very same reason:I've modded the crap out of my 800s, and even run EQ with them (when possible, I can't do that with my turntable) and while they're technically amazing I've never loved them, that's not true with the 800S. I can...
What "break-in" that does exist is very minor (95% of it is your brain adjusting), and I've only ever heard it with dynamic headphones, not planars. Essentially, if you don't like a set of cans before they "settle in", you won't like them after, either.
Batman v Superman: 3/10 Bleh. It's overhyped garbage. As bad as Fant4stic? No, but small pox isn't as bad as ebola, either. Wait and see it on Netflix, if you must.
Of course not, the 800 sounds bad without the right amp, but the 800S is actually okay out of an iPad.
The 800S is easy to drive and so is the 800, the problem with the stock 800 is that they're difficult to enjoy unless you have the right source+amp combo. That 6kHz spike is bad news. That's not the case with the 800S, it's good with nearly anything (even my iPad, I tried it) and scales up with better gear, all the way through the roof. IMO, they're the best non-electrostats in the world, full stop. Add a really nice balanced amp to them and they sing like no others.I'm...
I was told Cypher wasn't available until mid-April, they haven't even started shipping any yet.
Yep, works great.
The only things the Sine has going against it are; - Its smaller soundstage (because of its smaller drivers) - some will find it to be a little less comfortable, due to it being an on-ear Otherwise, it's an engaging, smoothly seductive headphone with beautiful aesthetics. Likely the best on-ears I've ever heard and one of the best
Enhanced. The driver itself is of a slightly different design.Correct. People have seriously been misreading his review.
Yep, mine is like that too. Totally normal.