or Connect

Posts by Magick Man

Because the SR-009s are that good, objectively speaking. There's a reason why they're #1 with reviewers and in measurements, it's a level of craftsmanship and material quality that no one else in the world has reached (except Sennheiser with the new Orpheus). £3000? Ouch. That's nuts. Today I was quoted $3000 on PriceJapan. For a short while they were all the way down to $2650. At that point I bought a 2nd set and put them away..
Umm. That's what I'm saying, people need to decline. Those aren't $3-5k headphones, and much like Tyll is doing by stripping certain high-end cans off the WoF, because they don't deserve to be there, it's time for head-fi enthusiasts (aka. "The Marketplace") to say "this has gotten out of hand".
The 800S is a "big boy", it's simply priced at what high-end cans should cost, instead of 2-3x over. I look at `phones like the LCD-4, Abyss, and HEK and shake my head. The exception is the SR-009, with current exchange rates it's about spot-on @$3000. Is the HEK as good for the same $$ as the Stax? No. Is the LCD-4 and Abyss as good for $1000 and $1500 more? Not even close. (IMO, none of the 3 are as good as the 800S.) Point? People need to stop buying those overpriced...
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/thor-153/why-female-thor-is-selling-so-poorly-compared-to-s-1657314/My store numbers for that title are bad and it appears it isn't an isolated occurrence. No amount of media hype in the world can make up for terrible editorial decisions, and treating the real Thor with such disrespect made most of his established fans jump ship.
Nope. I like mine the way it is, engraved S be damned.
I did, worked great. Don't be such a chicken.
I think we've been had.
Seriously, just bend them. From a V-Moda FAQ: To relieve the pressure, you can stretch the headband by bending it outwards (placing hands on the ends of the headband - not the earcups), applying even pressure with your thumbs to the top of the headband. You may repeat this process until you're happy with a looser fit. You can also bend the headband inwards to make a tighter fit.
Bend them, it helps.
People are sick of superheroes? WTF?? Well, stop watching them, I guess. When you eventually get ready to watch more, the films will be waiting for you. Win > win. What bugs me, and the large bulk of reviewers, is the pacing (comic fans are pissed over the liberties taken, but the worst of them won't be satisfied with anything). They desperately tried to shove the contents of 3 movies into 1, I presume to try and play catch-up with the MCU. That's dumb, because it's a...