Posts by Magick Man

I'm not talking with you all anymore, you're going to make me have an anxiety attack.
Wasn't there an issue where certain people were selling the loaner tour samples they received, the gear just "disappeared"? Some folks are just crummy people and they wait until the most opportune moment to reveal it. We (my company) recently loaned out a very expensive tester/flasher to a smaller business and after a week or so, when they were supposed to send it back, they stopped communicating. Then, after bugging them for another week, because we needed the thing back,...
I will say, so far, they're all very quiet, much more like a very good desktop amp, not the average DAP. Especially the AK120 MkII, it silently drives nearly everything. I just wish they had stronger amps for orthos. HOWEVER, it plus the HP-P1 are a dynamic duo of power, but I don't want to be one of those people, carrying around several pounds of "portable" audio gear, all stacked together with a myriad of rubber bands. The whole point of A&K products is that they're...
I'll post things here then write a review for HF eventually. So far I like them. One thing is they're lighter than I thought they would be, which is a good thing. The hospital in Maranello called and said my LaFerrari is being born, right now, in fact the birthing started this morning. YESSSS! A Tuesday car!!
On the subject of head-fi, yeah really, I just got in 3 A&K players (the 100II, 120II, and 240) and have been futzing with them this morning, and two things I can say right off the bat; one, material quality is amazing and the packaging is very "Apple-like" (big compliment) and two, the 240 is too bulky for me and will definitely be going back. Oh, and the interface is okay, but could be better. That seems to be where most boutique players fall flat on their faces, and...
Agreed. I'll admit it, I'm biased. When I see an ortho or stat I automatically assume it's going to sound more balanced and tonally even, with superior DR, to a traditional dynamic headphone. I'm aware that the bias exists and try to counter it, but it does color my initial reaction. Removing corp sponsors doesn't mean you remove bias, it simply means that you're open to other forms. ex. You can lean so far over into antiestablishmentarianism* that it becomes a huge bias,...
The idea that a_rec would somehow be completely unbiased is, to put it lightly, contrary to what I've seen of his postings around here for the last few years, and that's without sponsor incentives.
Adios a_rec, your self righteous crap, laced with passive aggressive insinuations and insults, won't be missed by me.
"Maybe" is a concession? Not really.