Posts by Magick Man

Indeed, it's all CF and aluminum. Getting one into the USA back then was much different than it would be today, nearly 23 years later, and mostly consisted of placing turn signals in the appropriate places. Despite that, there are only 4 of them in the States (2 in museums and 2 in private collections). Now it would be impossible to do it legally except under S&D, though in a couple years collectors can get them with no difficulty at all. All this time, this one has only...
It's on the right, GT40-style.
No, it has the Tremec 5-spd manual, the predecessor of the one in the XJ220, since it's always been a road car. I'm glad, personally.
If they fell off the truck at the warehouse, $50k. Through the parts network, 90k. After a brief stay in North Carolina, by way of Ft Lauderdale, and before that Bristol (UK), this XJR-15 is coming to stay with us. These things were nearly $1M when they came out, and they were all intended to be race cars, but this one has never seen a track before. It only has 3000 miles on it, so it really hasn't seen much of anything, except the inside of a garage. I think it was way...
The rice idea isn't too far off, the electronics are coming out and going in the desiccating barrel (it's filled with gel desiccant and has an industrial dryer on top). The problem is that like any other piece of electronics made today, it was never really "off", due to keyless entry systems and remote starters and the like, so a lot of damage is already done. Mechanically, regardless whether it will run now, everything will have to be removed and thoroughly cleaned and...
I don't know yet, someone I know bought it. The garage it was in flooded and it sat in a couple feet of water for a few days. I'm not sure how someone doesn't know their expensive supercar is under water, but there it is. The estimate the insurance company received was $280k, but we think that's pretty high, at retail the car was $350k. It all depends on how much it costs us to fix it, if the parts and labor are too much, then I'll pay him the amount he paid for it and...
I kept an MGB running all by myself for over a decade, it wasn't that bad. You just had to keep a sense of humor about service issues. TC? The Chrysler LeBaron that was built in Italy? I remember my boss' wife had one, back when I was delivering pizza in high school. The thing started falling apart before it was even a year old. This F12 Berlinetta is totaled, no kidding, and the insurance company (Progressive) sold it off for a hair over $120k, in what turned into a 1...
but you won't find a GT6 in that condition for 5 grand, though.
Billy, this was your car, man! http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=HA0414-178856&entryRow=816
It's the really bright blue, I think they call it electric or laser blue, something like that.